7 Arrested, Including Teens, After Meth Bust

By: TCSO Release
By: TCSO Release

Taylor County, Florida - October 18, 2011 -

Investigators from the Taylor County Sheriff’s Office and the Madison County Sheriff’s Office joined forces on Thursday 10/14/2011 and conducted an operation in Perry about manufacturing methamphetamine. Sheriff Williams of Taylor County and Sheriff Stewart of Madison County have expressed concern about the growing problem of manufacturing and use of methamphetamine, which led to this operation.

Unmarked vehicles were utilized to observe activities of potential targets and once probable cause was established the subjects were contacted by law enforcement.

At the conclusion of the operation seven arrests had been made for charges of Attempt to Manufacture Methamphetamine, and Possession of Listed Chemicals. All seven are being held at the Taylor County Jail.

Arrested were:

w/f Rachel Blanton 18 years old held on 500,000 bond

w/m Jesse Dawson 27 years old held on no bond

w/m Michael Hill 28 years old held on no bond

w/f Kayla Layne 22 years old held on 500,000 bond

w/f Amanda Shiver 19 years old held on no bond

w/m Robert Wimberly 53 years old held on no bond

w/m Johnny Young 21 years old held on 500,000 bond

• by fl on Oct 20, 2011 at 09:37 AM
    Its a shame some young people got caught up in some easy money its sad to c people caught up in a mess like this but police don't play about that meth I just hate it for em
  • by fl on Oct 20, 2011 at 09:36 AM
  • by anonymous Location: perry,fl on Oct 20, 2011 at 08:03 AM
    Some of them still have familys that love them but as said before Johnny used to be ok now look he has a daughter that will not seem him and he is still for (RACHEL) but as for Amanda she is out and has been since fri morning but she is the only one that we know of.
  • by Steve Location: Not in Marietta on Oct 19, 2011 at 03:14 PM
    This blog is to: w/m Robert Wimberly held with no bond, for 'Attempt to Manufacture Methamphetamine, and Possession of Listed Chemicals.' Hey grandaddy these roaches were just kids! How does if feel to be 53, and held without bond? I will never know this answer, so that is why I ask?!? What a legacy? How do you explain this, to your great-grandchildren? I'm just sayin'...
  • by D Location: Ohyouknoww on Oct 19, 2011 at 01:50 PM
    johnny actually used to be decent... until he left his wife for a trashy cow (rachel). lock um up, & throw away the key please!!
  • by Fred Location: Perry on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    The cops in Perry will crack down for a day or two and make a big bust,but if they wanted to get serious they could but don't.
  • by Steve Location: Not in Marietta on Oct 18, 2011 at 07:02 PM
    Hoodrats are just roaches on steroids! Roaches like hoodrats, make my skin crawl! This roach "Anonymous"@ 06:54 PM is just a big fat pile! Stinks too. What a loser? Break it down for me punk, where are the guidelines in place to legally manufacture meth'? Site your source, I can't believe you can manipulate your paws to actually put this s*** out there!?! Just a sorry state of affairs when the users make it 'legal' to manufacture something illegal! Thanx.
      by Labs on Oct 19, 2011 at 07:11 AM in reply to Steve
      Can you please cite the academic literature with your classification system of derogatory names such as hoodrat. Also, I am going to need the lab analysis that defines the odor. Since you have previosuly aspoused that everyones opinion is meaningless without citation...I choose to invalidate everything you say.
        by Steve Not in Marietta on Oct 19, 2011 at 02:08 PM in reply to Labs
        Please repeat after me: "Waaaaaaahh, waaaaaaahh, waaaaaahh..."Wiping tears from your eyes, hoodrat!
  • by Anonymous on Oct 18, 2011 at 03:54 PM
    You obviously have no clue what meth is, or how it is manufactured.... and last I checked.. still illegal.
      by Anonymous on Oct 18, 2011 at 06:58 PM in reply to
      Yeah, right. I have no clue, having only a) been there at the time, and b) done some actual research in actual textbooks over the intervening decades. But I take comfort in the knowledge that compared to me, you are COMPLETELY ignorant...
  • by Anonymous on Oct 18, 2011 at 03:16 PM
    There's way more meth in Perry now than there was when it was still easy to get by prescription. Makes you wonder why they made it illegal.
      by Steve Not in Marietta on Oct 19, 2011 at 11:18 AM in reply to
      I will give you five reasons: The Hell's Angels MC, The Outlaws MC, The Banditos MC, The Warlocks MC, The Sons of Silence MC. Those are the top 5, there are hundreds more.
        by Anonymous on Oct 20, 2011 at 02:56 PM in reply to Steve Not in Marietta
        So you are saying these gangs needed money, so the govt made speed illegal to give them an inexhaustible source of cash?
  • by gladtheygotcaught Location: Perry on Oct 18, 2011 at 02:47 PM
    I'm so glad they got caught. Meth is horrible as they have found out. At least they can't make it or give it to anyone else for awhile. Amanda's FB profile says she is a stay at home mom. I would like to be a stay at home mom but I actually work for a living, I guess taking the easy way out didn't work for these 7. One guy was a welder, he had the potential to make a good honest living, what the hell were they thinking? Meth is going to be the downfall of white people. It seems to be the white trash drug of choice these days. Come on white people, respect yourself, respect your children, stop this stupid stuff. Everybody know that black people smoke crack, why are the white people linking themselves to this drug. You are better than that, start acting like it!
      by RUSerious! on Oct 20, 2011 at 01:00 PM in reply to gladtheygotcaught
      So you are saying Crack is OK? I'm very confused here? "Come on white people" umm... I happen to be white and I've never even seen the stuff nor had anyone try to get me to use it so I suggest you take your ignorant self back to the hood and worry about your crack, lol since that's what "black people smoke".. Guess just Asian people shoot heroin huh? omg!! Ignorance is truly bliss!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 132071008 - wctv.tv/a?a=132071008