Arrests Made in Wells Fargo ATM Robbery Case

By: Angelica Alvarez; TPD Release Email
By: Angelica Alvarez; TPD Release Email

[UPDATE] Tallahassee - May 10, 2012 - 5:42pm

Two men were booked in the Leon County jail Wednesday, accused of robbing a woman at an ATM earlier this month.
Click here to find out more!

Tallahassee police say one morning last week around 6:30am, they were called to a robbery at an ATM at Wells Fargo at 1997 Capital Circle Northeast.

When they arrived a woman told them she was at the drive-up ATM when she was approached by two men. One of them had a firearm. She said the suspects demanded money then ran off on foot heading north.

Through the investigation, police and the North Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force arrested 18 year old Jovantah Nelson and 18 year old Devante Ridley.

Nelson is charged with robbery with a firearm, possession on a firearm by a delinquent and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

Ridley is charged with robbery with a firearm.

Both are in the Leon County jail.

--------------------------------------------

Tallahassee, Florida - May 10, 2012 -

This morning at approximately 6:30AM the Tallahassee Police
Department was called to a robbery at an ATM. Officers arrived on scene and spoke with the victim who said she was at the drive-up ATM at Wells Fargo Bank located at 1997 Capital Circle Northeast. She said as she conducting her transaction, she was approached by two unknown black males armed with a firearm. The suspects demanded money from the victim and fled on foot in a northern direction.

The suspects were described as:

Suspect 1: Black Male, 6’00-6’02 tall, about 150-190lbs with a slim
build.

Suspect 2: Black Male, 5’10-6’00 tall, about 140-180lbs with a slim
build.

TPD investigators are attempting to identify these suspects. Community members with information or who recognize the suspects are asked to call TPD at 891-4200 or the Big Bend Crime Stoppers at 574-TIPS.

Crime Stoppers does not want your name, just your information and you may be eligible for a cash reward. Please remember, if you see
something, say something, do something

UPDATE:

Investigators from the Tallahassee Police Department’s Violent Crimes Unit focused on leads resulting from interviews with witnesses and the analysis of evidence. This ultimately resulted in the identification of two suspects from the ATM robbery. With the assistance of the North Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force, both subjects have been arrested.

Arrested:

Javantah Nelson, B/M, 11/03/1993
Charges: Robbery with a Firearm, Possession of Firearm by a
Delinquent, and Possession of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony

Devante Ridley, B/M, 03/05/1994

Charges:Robbery with a Firearm

• by Tallahassee on May 11, 2012 at 03:32 AM
    Black faces all over the screen this week. And yet they are only 13% of the population. Don't believe that. And not only that, they don't support the prison population, because they don't pay taxes. How do you feel about that?
  • by Anon on May 11, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    How old was this woman? Eighty-two?
      by A on May 16, 2012 at 06:17 PM in reply to Anon
      She is 20
  • by Justin McHenry Location: Tallahassee on May 10, 2012 at 06:01 PM
    The MArching 100 ( or 457 ) gig didn't work out so ATM's were the next easiest gig.
  • by Rod Location: Tally on May 10, 2012 at 03:30 PM
    it amazes me how white ppl divide crime into a race problem. When a white commite a crime, i dont hear these comments
      by Anon on May 11, 2012 at 12:02 AM in reply to Rod
      White criminals don't victimize elderly blacks.
        by Anonymous on May 11, 2012 at 06:04 AM in reply to Anon
        you dont know what youre talking about, white cops victimize blacks allll the time
        by SSSAM on May 11, 2012 at 07:01 AM in reply to Anon
        That's a lie if you ever tell one. Whites always robbing stealing and everything else. just log on to the Leon County Jail sight you will see.
      by Yeah Right on May 11, 2012 at 03:26 AM in reply to Rod
      The reason you don't "hear" it is because you don't remember it. It happens very vary rarely, in comparison. Besides, no one can look at the offenders and NOT see "a race problem" because the huge vast majority of criminals are one color. Just one. And it ain't white.
      by Anonymous on May 11, 2012 at 09:42 AM in reply to Rod
      It's not a matter of a few black crimes compared to a few white crimes. It's a matter of a huge amount of black crimes compared to a few white crimes. Tax-payers(including the white's) pay for this crime by paying to support police, courts, prisons, jails, and many other things.
  • by HMA on May 10, 2012 at 02:01 PM
    The Goofy Name Gang strikes again.
  • by Hey! on May 10, 2012 at 01:43 PM
    After a while you get tired of,and Or should I say expect the descriptions of the perps to be what they are. Can you really blame people for their prejudice or distrust.
      by TruthBeTold on May 10, 2012 at 06:39 PM in reply to Hey!
      Bull!! You need to pay closer attention to the WCTV daily arrests, which includes many whites too. Check out the 5-8 arrests - more whites than any other race. So, just because you say it over and over again, doesn't make it true. Black people don't give a flip about your misconstrued prejudice or distrust. Move somewhere else.
        by Anonymous on May 11, 2012 at 09:45 AM in reply to TruthBeTold
        You can't look at just 1 day. Also I think you lost count on 5-8. Take a week, month, or even a year and tell me who commits the most crime proportionally? You can't argue with the facts.
  • by Anonymous on May 10, 2012 at 01:41 PM
    That is why when I am in line in my car I keep enough distance from the person in front of me so I can pull out if need be. Look around yourself as you park, or keep your foot on the gas just in case. I wouldn't stop to think to run someone over that has a gun and threatening me with it, duck down and gas it.
  • by WOW! Location: greater Tally area on May 10, 2012 at 01:38 PM
    I guess they were up all night... Or did they set their alarms to get an early start on their robbery. Oh! Why do white people in this area appear to be prejudicial? last nights 6 o'clock news,of the first 5 top stories four were about black perpetrators. What is the white to black population ratio? When will the Black community at large stand up and say enough. When will they start to police their young and get them on the right track ?I'm not prejudice the facts do my talking.
  • by aMoM on May 10, 2012 at 01:23 PM
    I'm with Jess. I will defend or protect me & mine so ANYONE better be careful who they decide to rob. Especially if it is me because I do NOT hesitate, my training has saved my life twice and served me well in the past and I'm quite certain it will in the future. More than likely, unfortunately, as the world is, the NEAR future.
  • by Jess on May 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM
    People wonder why I am packing when I go through an ATM drive through or to the quick stop.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 150984365 - wctv.tv/a?a=150984365