LCSO: Deputies Arrest Man for Stealing Scrap Metal

By: LCSO Release
By: LCSO Release

January 11, 2012 -

On January 3, 2012, the Leon County Sheriff’s Office responded to 1351 Aenon Church Road, Leon Iron & Metal, after William Grimes discovered a large amount of scrap metal had been stolen from his property in the 4700 block of Capital Circle. Grimes had located uniquely shaped and sized pieces of metal, including metal brackets that he had custom made.

Deputies were able to determine that the metal had been sold on January 2, 2012 by 32 year old Jerimee Hatcher. By working closely with the staff at Leon Iron & Metal, detectives were able to confirm that Hatcher had stolen a total of 5,650 pounds of metal from the fenced lot owned by Grimes.

On January 10, 2012, detectives were able to locate Hatcher in the 3000 block of Tharpe Street and interview him. Hatcher was taken to the Leon County Jail.

• by jenny on Jan 29, 2012 at 07:09 AM
    if yall all know me and him u know i didnt give birth to any kids but im a great mother to tha kids that live with me and if u have kids they love me to just ask them uncle jenny loves tha kids and will do anything for them
  • by Mike on Jan 13, 2012 at 07:44 AM
    To Mike Who. Yes I know both of them. And what he did was wrong even it was just "using his ID". I also know that if its was food they needed it could have been provided without any of this. If you believe this behavior is justified then you too "need to get a life".
  • by Anonymous on Jan 13, 2012 at 04:57 AM
    Sure do know them both very well, Jenny has been with Brian for almost 10 years, they live together, they have no kids, I work and support my family I do not steal, I love them both but he was wrong in this situation, he needs help, his girlfriend Jenny went to rehab to get off drugs, and I am sure that is why he was stealing the stuff to feed his habit. They are no good for each other she needs to move on and he needs to learn a his lesson!!!!! Jenny do not justify why he did this, I have not been able to wrap my head around why after you finally realized the road you were on you would continue with him and get thrown right back down the same path. Open your eyes
      by Love on Jan 13, 2012 at 07:46 AM in reply to
      Amen!
      by jenny on Jan 29, 2012 at 07:06 AM in reply to
      wellll if yall all know me so well then u know i didnt give birth to any kids but im a great mother to the kids i do have living in my house and yes i went to rehab and got help now all i can do is try to help him and im probley a better mother to the kids in my life than the MOTHERS that gave birth to their kids and u know me so well put your name dont hide behind a fake name
        by Your Cousin on Jan 30, 2012 at 07:01 AM in reply to jenny
        Jenny stay off here, stop defending him because you will never win against anybody on here spreading their opinion, what he did was wrong, and yes there are other ways to support your family, stealing is not the way to do it, you and Bryan just work through it and ignore everyone else. These people do not matter, Bryan has to face his punishment which I know he will do and hopefully he will learn his lesson. Just ignore everyone on here, keep your head up and let the negative comments go!!!!
  • by Bolillo Location: Wakulla on Jan 12, 2012 at 08:54 AM
    At these prices; you can't really call it scrap anymore.
  • by Jim Location: Gadsden County on Jan 12, 2012 at 07:19 AM
    Just another bloodsucker........They are a dime a dozen
  • by jenny on Jan 11, 2012 at 05:52 PM
    well no one knows why he did what he did onley him so dont judge him untill you have walked in his shoes and had to do what you had to to feed your family just put yourself in his shoes
      by Betty on Jan 12, 2012 at 04:56 AM in reply to jenny
      Feed his family! What kind of drugs was he feeding his family? Come on now. Girl open your eyes. You know what kind of person he is so stop making excuses for him.
        by WakullaLady on Jan 12, 2012 at 05:32 AM in reply to Betty
        I know both them personally, what he did was wrong, when you need to feed your family get a job, and what family you and Mr. Hatcher have no kids, so yes he was feeding his habit, now, he has to pay the price for what he did, throwing him in prison for years is not going to change him, people like you and him need some help, do not justify what he did, he stole from another person who was probably trying to support a real family
          by WakullaMan on Jan 12, 2012 at 06:40 PM in reply to WakullaLady
          Well if you know them both wakulla lady then you need to take a hard look at yourself. You sit there in your comfy home on your internet judging others. I dont think you do know them. I think your the one who needs change.
          by tiffany on Jan 29, 2012 at 07:11 AM in reply to WakullaLady
          if you know jenny and brian so well then who are you? stop hiding behind fake name and put yourself out there..
  • by LC2 on Jan 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    How does one man lift 5k lbs of metal? It didn't take one night or he had help.
  • by Just me on Jan 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    Throw the book at him. make him pay triple the restitution and serve time in prison. He is a thief and needs to be treted as such.
      by jenny on Jan 11, 2012 at 05:49 PM in reply to Just me
      look here i dont know who you are but you dont know the situation or why he did what he did and for you to say to just throw the book at him what if that was your dad think about it befor you go judging people
        by Mike on Jan 12, 2012 at 05:15 AM in reply to jenny
        Seems like you too are judging. If he really needed to feed his family there are plenty of ways to do that without stealing someone's things. Church, food banks, food stamps, etc. What he did was wrong and yea no one but him knows why he did it but feeding his family is the last thing on his mind. Open your eyes, he has problems, and you making excuses for him is not helping him.
          by Bolillo on Jan 12, 2012 at 08:55 AM in reply to Mike
          Yeah - the state is giving away $72 million dollars this week.
          by Mike who on Jan 12, 2012 at 06:49 PM in reply to Mike
          Do you know him Mike? Do you know her? How do you know he wasnt just the guy who used his ID to for someone else, you dont, so STFU and get a life.
  • by jake Location: TLH on Jan 11, 2012 at 09:14 AM
    Notify Orkin.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137093703 - wctv.tv/a?a=137093703