[UPDATE] Sexual Offender Philip Ray Richardson Arrested

By: LCSO Release
By: LCSO Release

Tallahassee, Florida - May 18, 2012

Philip Ray Richardson has been arrested on an outstanding warrant for failing to register as a Sexual Offender. Richardson has been designated as a Sexual Offender and is required to
register his current address with the Sheriff’s Office of the county in which he lives. Richardson failed to register his current address with the Leon County Sheriff’s Office after providing the address of 480 West Tennessee Street. The Sexual Offender unit discovered that Richardson was not living at his registered address while conducting address verifications and obtained a warrant for his arrest.

On May 17, 2012, the Tallahassee Police Department received an anonymous call from a citizen who saw media coverage about Richardson being wanted on television. Tallahassee Police
Officers responded to the area provided by the caller, arrested Richardson and transported him to the Leon County Jail.

_________________________________

Tallahassee, Florida - May 17, 2012 - 2:55pm -

The Leon County Sheriff’s Office is currently seeking information on the location of Philip Ray Richardson. Richardson has been designated as a Sexual Offender and is required to register his current address with the Sheriff’s Office of the county in which he lives. Richardson has failed to register his current address with the Leon County Sheriff’s Office after providing the address of 480 West Tennessee Street. The Sexual Offender unit discovered that Richardson was not living at his registered address while conducting address verifications.

The Sexual Offender unit requests anyone who may have information on the whereabouts of Philip Ray Richardson to contact the Leon County Sheriff’s Office at (850) 922-3300 or Crime Stoppers at (850)
574-TIPS (8477). Remember, Crime Stoppers does not want your name, just your information. You could be eligible for up to a $1,000.00 reward.

WANTED
Philip Ray Richardson
DOB: 01-04-1976

• by Jake on May 19, 2012 at 06:09 AM
    I would hate to be Betty on Judgement Day.
  • by Anonymous on May 18, 2012 at 02:50 PM
    Did the cops register his new address when they processed him into the jail?
  • by Easy Peasy on May 18, 2012 at 02:21 PM
    I think it's a great idea to broadcast this type of thing. A citizen coming forward can certainly save time and manpower. More people should use the tip line.
      by anonymous rat on May 18, 2012 at 03:52 PM in reply to Easy Peasy
      Hitler wanted you to rat out your neighbors too !
        by Anonymous on May 20, 2012 at 03:55 AM in reply to anonymous rat
        really you have a problem with a citizen turning in a sexual predator to the police rat? dont come to my neighborhood because we shoot and kill vermin there, especially rats!
  • by Karen on May 18, 2012 at 01:27 PM
    Where did they find him? I think the families that are in that area should know (especially if they have children).
  • by Betty on May 18, 2012 at 01:11 PM
    I expected to see WHERE he was arrested. WHERE WAS HE ARRESTED? At a bar? In the Park? On the street? WHERE? Was he surprised that he was arrested? Give us something more than "he was arrested." Where do these guys hang out?
  • by Frances on May 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    LCSO wants the publicity - TPD does the work. Go figure...
  • by Update Location: Tallahassee on May 18, 2012 at 05:35 AM
    He was arrested yesterday and is in the Leon County Jail according to the LCSO Daily Booking Report 5-17.
  • by JD Location: Tallahassee on May 18, 2012 at 05:31 AM
    LCSO should check their jail for this guy. According to the daily booking report, he was arrested by TPD and is currently in the Leon County Jail.
  • by Update on May 18, 2012 at 05:19 AM
    I just seen him on the Leon County Booking List for 5/17/12. He is in Jail....
  • by Betty on May 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM
    Has he moved recently? Doesn't he have a job? How do you get out of jail without a job? Why is he here and not in Michigan? He knows Tallahassee well enough if he's been here since 2009. I can't understand why since April 25 he has not been at least checked on before now (May 17). With a phone call. He's a wanderer going from MI, to GA, and so on. That's what sex offenders do - they get out of the line of sight. Move from State to State. He has no vehicle on the sex offender site, does he have a vehicle? Does he get money from the government? How does he exist? I wish you would answer these questions. I'd like to know how sex offenders exist without a job.
      by Dee on May 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM in reply to Betty
      The Shelter. Thanks to Tallahassee being so welcoming to the homeless, sex offenders and other not-so-wonderful people can live on our streets pretty comfortably, without being employed. Lovely eh?
        by Betty on May 18, 2012 at 07:12 PM in reply to Dee
        I just don't get how they spend so freely our tax money for "nicing" up the streets with flowers, plants, trees -- and then welcome the homeless. They have no policies against them panhandling. I saw a girl panhandling in the WalMart just now - as we came in the door. No more door greeters so we get baraged with them. Panama City is giving them "tickets out of town" and the rest get a job or get moved on. I'm tired of walking down my city streets and seeing homeless sitting in every nook and crany - in every table and chair - in every park that I'd like to take my grandchildren to - and then they spend $millions on that park on S. Monroe Street where you can get murderized and robbed. I think we all need to go to the City Commission meetings and give 'em heck! I work hard for my money and I would appreciate them not spending it so lavishly - on Gaines St - etc.
          by Jake on May 19, 2012 at 06:12 AM in reply to Betty
          I have often wondered why they spend so much money on ornamental plants. Pear trees and vegetables would be so cool. Can you see strawberries and blueberry bushes feeding people and helping the environment at the same time?
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 151919755 - wctv.tv/a?a=151919755