LCSO: Man Arrested After Striking Cyclist

By: LCSO Press Release
By: LCSO Press Release

At approximately 3:20 a.m. on February 23, 2011, the Leon County Sheriff’s Office was called to the area of Tram Road and Capital Circle Southeast in reference to a disturbance involving a man in a
Jeep striking a cyclist riding on Capital Circle.

Deputies responded to the area and located the cyclist who advised them that the driver of a dark colored Jeep had passed by him very close while traveling northbound on Capital Circle. The cyclist
then observed the Jeep make a U-turn and pass by him headed south on Capital Circle. Moments later, the same Jeep passed by again, but this time the passenger side mirror struck the cyclist on the
arm. The cyclist contacted the Leon County Sheriff’s Office as he observed the same vehicle complete two more passes south and then north again on Capital Circle.

Deputies responding to the scene observed a dark colored vehicle matching the description provided by the cyclist near Old St. Augustine Road and Capital Circle traveling northbound. The vehicle was stopped and the driver, Sherard Graves, 25, was positively identified by the cyclist. Graves was arrested and transported to the Leon County Jail. The cyclist was not seriously injured.

ARRESTED
Sherard J. Graves
DOB: 5-08-1985
Charges: Aggravated Assault, Driving Under the Influence

Full press release is attached.

• by TallyTrashTalks2 Location: Tallahassee on Feb 25, 2011 at 05:06 PM
    @airborne a.k.a. Ivy League Imposter: Wrong guess,I don't work for the state, nor take a dime from it. I probably have more degrees than you have underwear. Let's see... according to your OWN prior posts you were born/raised in NY, state employee here for two years, now a business owner who works 90 hours a week, but wondering how to pay your electric & property taxes on your personal home. How do you work so much, yet post comments at two or three in the morning, noon and six at night? You sure are interested in Florida to know so much about what went on in the 60's here, without being a resident. MMMM?! Please keep your word and move this summer. Don't expect to be treated with southern hospitality anywhere you go, as most people frown on BS when they see it. By the way, a college degree in any field is in no way a substitute for common sense, manners, or intelligence. You alone prove a high IQ cannot be bought. Share this post with your Maryland friends too! LOL
  • by Charles Location: The South on Feb 25, 2011 at 02:03 PM
    @ airborne. I graduated with a 4.0 if you must know. This allowed me to do what ever I wanted in the Marine Corps. Not all of us wanted an easy ride in the service. Im sure that this incident with the person on the bike was race related and the US government should come intervene and save us all again. As for my question mark, that was really more of a statement than a question. That being the case I did not figure that a question mark was warranted. I would love to sit here and debate the differences between humans in different parts of the country, but I have to get back to my patients. Some of us got a real education after all.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 25, 2011 at 10:56 AM
    what does this story have to do with the gulf/oil spill?
  • by airborne-welcome to Tallahassee where it's always 1961 on Feb 25, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    To Charles-Bob: I never said this deepest hellhole of the south needed to be saved. I could care less what happens here as we are transitioning out of here. But the fact is the US government has had to repeatedly intervene here since the 1950's to guarantee basic human civil rights. Do you think I don't know there are plenty of brillant people in the south? I've been to Huntsville and Houston and Cape Kennedy, homes of NASA. I've been to Duke, Vanderbilt, U-VA, Mayo Clinic-Jax, UNC Chapel Hill, Emory etc. I vacationed on the Outer Banks, Hilton Head Island, Destin, South Beach. There are wonderful places full of intelligent people building a better future for the deep south. Just not here. Don't believe it? It may be anecdotal but it seems to me that intelligent people who move here get out as soon as possible. Don't believe me? Check the medical recruiters for the hospitals. You forgot your question mark at the end of your question. Sorry you made C's in high school.
  • by Hold the bus on Feb 25, 2011 at 09:37 AM
    Jack, you are the embarrassment. You are trying to propel yourself as an outstanding an honorable man while misleading people about the danger of the gulf for your financial gain. I will take an honest hardworking country dirt farmer over you any day. You want a definition of an outstanding man your chances of finding that are much better in the rural areas then in the City's. Money and power dose not make the man, Character and hard work does.
  • by Beware on Feb 25, 2011 at 09:29 AM
    Jack, is a man who tells parents 3 month after the oil spill that the gulf is safe go ahead and feed the fish to your children. You can trust him if you want. I sure don't. People trusted Bernie Madoff and look what happen to them. He is of the same caliber.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 25, 2011 at 08:46 AM
    oooh, Jack is from the land of no embarrassment. Where is this fantasy land where everyone is dignified at all times?
  • by Anonymous on Feb 25, 2011 at 08:44 AM
    Airborne, your friends from PA should not be laughing. Google Weissport Redneck Festival. Even Murtha accuses western PA of being nothing but rednecks. I've been there and he is absolutely right. Pot meet kettle.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 25, 2011 at 08:35 AM
    Jack you and Airborne can carpool outta here and save you and us some embarrassment.
  • by Charles Location: The South on Feb 25, 2011 at 06:46 AM
    @ Airborne. Mr. Ivy League Honors Grad. Did they not teach you how to spell at your Ivy League School. Maybe that is something they only teach here in the south. They should have instructed you in the proper use of each spelling of these words as well. Now, I know from having many friends from northern states that the common view of southern natives is that we are all interbred hill billies in straw hats who date our sisters. Little known fact there Ivy League, 67 % of Mensa members are from southern states. I guess we are not all that ignorant after all. It could be that while making ignorant judgments about the people here as a whole, and based off of movies and television shows has distinguished you as another Ivy League moron. If the "local yokels" here bother you, try going back home and speaking your hatred with the other ignorant like minded individuals you drink with. We don't need to be saved, but thank you for your concern.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116830948 - wctv.tv/a?a=116830948