Local Man Stalks Woman, Rams His Vehicle Into Hers

By: Marianna Police Department Release
By: Marianna Police Department Release

Marianna, Florida - May 30, 2011 -

Marianna Police Officers responded to a call on Hwy 90 westbound in reference to a vehicle chasing and hitting another. The caller, Brittney Johnson, called 911 stating that Desmond Sims was chasing her and ramming her vehicle with his after he waited for her to leave a residence in Marianna. Brittney’s vehicle was hit multiple times and spun off the road as officer’s approached the chase. Officers stopped Desmond’s vehicle about ¼ mile further down Hwy 90.

Desmond was taken into custody without incident and transported to Jackson County Correctional Facility.

Suspect/Arrest: Desmond La Ches Sims, B/M 03-13-83 of Greenwood

Victim: Brittney Johnson, B/F of Marianna.

Charges: Aggravated Stalking and Aggravated Assault with a deadly weapon (vehicle).

• by Anonymous on May 31, 2011 at 08:57 AM
    "getting a restraining order" Hahahahahahhaaaa The only reason those things exist is so they can add charges AFTER someone gets killed or beaten. They do nothing to deter anyone from doing that in the first place because cops (and the judicial system in general)do nothing to enforce them. They aren't worth the paper they are written on.
  • by Anonymous on May 31, 2011 at 07:24 AM
    crazy driver
  • by Shorthand Location: FL on May 31, 2011 at 07:18 AM
    B/M = Black Male B/F = Black Female
  • by Franklin Location: Tallahassee on May 31, 2011 at 06:39 AM
    What does B/F mean?
      by anynonmous on May 31, 2011 at 07:13 AM in reply to Franklin
      Black/Female
      by Anonymous on May 31, 2011 at 07:26 AM in reply to Franklin
      Black/Female
      by Anonymous on May 31, 2011 at 07:30 AM in reply to Franklin
      B/F means black female, and B/M means black male.
        by Anon T Town on May 31, 2011 at 09:13 AM in reply to
        I thought B/F meant 'best freind', and I also thought B/M meant 'boiler maker'...I'm just sayin'...
      by just sayin lol on May 31, 2011 at 04:13 PM in reply to Franklin
      honestly it should not matter the race of someone. it just gives people another reason to judge.
  • by Georgia Boy Location: Cairo on May 31, 2011 at 02:57 AM
    The best restraining order is a large caliber weapon pointed between someone's eyes and a steady hand.
      by omgee on May 31, 2011 at 02:42 PM in reply to Georgia Boy
      lmbo
  • by anynonmous on May 30, 2011 at 06:47 PM
    Oh my and to think he used to work with the criminally insane at FSH a while back.
  • by jenni on May 30, 2011 at 05:58 PM
    I am just glad they caught this ruthless thug before he hurt or even killed her. This guy looks like the type of guy that would do this.
  • by Jim Location: Tallahassee on May 30, 2011 at 03:50 PM
    Most of you folks are talking about guns. Don't you KNOW how effective a good restraining order is? Get a nice one, done on some thick stock, fancy paper, with BOLD lettering, signed by a GEN-U-WINE judge, served by a UNIFORMED law enforcement officer..... THAT WILL control all the thugs and crackheads! In fact, if each thug and crackhead was served with an official order signed by a judge that said he or she had to straighten up, don't you know all the thugs and crackheads would simply cease to exist within the day time frame (probably 90 days) specified on the order? Guns and violence aren't necessary. Shame on you, violence advocates! Court orders do the trick every time. Ask any thug. What's that? Time for my lithium? Gotta go, folks. Yes, Frankie! You can borrow my crayons! (Frankie's my invisible friend).
      by Dee on May 31, 2011 at 05:27 AM in reply to Jim
      To Jim that is so not true.My cousin had one signed by a judge in Ocala last year against her husband and he still broke in her house and broke her nose.Everytime she called the police they told her that there was nothing they could do because they did not see him there.After he got out of jail he came back one morning and tried to hurt her again. The police said they did not see him there so they did nothing,even after people thold them they saw him.Also a restraining order did not stop this man in Albany Georgia from killing his ex girlfriend four years ago. Even after she called the police and told that he said he was going to kill her.They found him at her house talked to him and let him go.He came back 12 hours later and killed her.Where was the protection then????
        by NoleFan on May 31, 2011 at 08:30 AM in reply to Dee
        Dee, don't you recognize sarcasm when you read it? Learning to defend yourself is the only way to be safe, whether it be a gun or taser or pepper spray. Just figure out what you're most comfortable with. My choice of weapon is a gun!!!
  • by George Location: Tally on May 30, 2011 at 02:16 PM
    Alright, another proud mama somewhere rocking on front porch of public housing waiting on the 3rd of the month. Thank you democrates, hope the votes you buy are worth it.
      by HUH? on May 31, 2011 at 05:35 AM in reply to George
      What does that mean??
      by Gidget on May 31, 2011 at 05:37 AM in reply to George
      Need some help keeping your knuckles from dragging on the ground, George?
        by Anon on May 31, 2011 at 10:40 AM in reply to Gidget
        At what point does the responsibility leave the parents and fall on those who actually commit the crime? It's not always the mother or father's fault. This man is an adult and needs to be held accountable for his own actions.
  • by onewhosebeenthere on May 30, 2011 at 01:04 PM
    actually an anti stalking is more powerful than a restraining order and is easier to get and easier to enforce. I had an ex that stalked me at my job and on my work email. It was 6 years and he just sent me an email telling me he has been searching for me for the whole 6 years. I moved away. No piece of paper will keep you safe. They watch you to only approach when you are alone. Self defense courses, carrying a taser and having your copy of the anti stalking with you at all times along with a gun and security system at home but you have to always be on guard. Not an easy life to live but what you have to do to keep yourself alive and safe. I hope this woman keeps on guard and takes all these steps to protect herself. Can't have a facebook account and make sure on google and yahoo that you make sure you tell them not to publish your address and your phone number has to be unlisted and put it in someone elses name. Be safe and aware!
      by Anonymous on May 31, 2011 at 05:08 AM in reply to onewhosebeenthere
      Oh baby, I'm so glad I found you! I have been looking all over for you. I'll see you later, okay? I LOVE YOU for ever and ever and ever and ever!
        by Anonymous on May 31, 2011 at 09:04 AM in reply to
        your comment is a little cruel. I too have been there and am still suffering scars and harrassment. They WILL find you and you will not be protected by a piece of paper.
        by Anonymous on May 31, 2011 at 03:27 PM in reply to
        Hello. I have a stalker, and it's impossible to not look-over-the-shoulder, from time to time. The problem here, is that the victim is a suspect, for one reason or another. What is stranger than fiction, about my case, is that she is my X, and I am a 'he'!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122823054 - wctv.tv/a?a=122823054