Man Arrested For Stealing Copper at Cell Tower Sites

By: JCSO Release
By: JCSO Release

Jackson County, Florida - October 4, 2011 -

On October 3, 2011, the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a theft at a cell phone tower located on State Road 69 South of Grand Ridge, Florida. Responding deputies observed that a large amount of copper wiring had been stolen from the site. Further investigation revealed that copper stolen from this site had been sold on the same date to a local recycling facility. Records obtained from the recycling facility enabled deputies to identify Christopher Dominy as a suspect in the case. Further investigation revealed that Christopher Dominy had committed thefts at eight separate cell phone tower sites, resulting in thousands of dollars in damage at each site. Dominy sold the stolen copper from each theft to a local recycling facility. Christopher Dominy has been charged with burglary, grand theft and eight counts of dealing in stolen property. This investigation is ongoing and further charges are pending in this case.

• by mike Location: tally on Oct 4, 2011 at 04:16 PM
    Give him some cppoer wire that is attched to a few thousand volts..that would cure his habit.
      by m on Oct 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM in reply to mike
      hahhahahahahehehehehe
  • by Tony Location: Tallahassee on Oct 4, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    another rick Scott voter!
      by Anonymous on Oct 4, 2011 at 02:25 PM in reply to Tony
      Get a life!
      by mike on Oct 4, 2011 at 04:17 PM in reply to Tony
      You mean you didn't for Rick Scott...you must be a liberal.
      by m on Oct 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM in reply to Tony
      I don't like scott,but this time it got nothing to do with him.
  • by The Breeze Location: Perry on Oct 4, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    Charge the person who bought it too.
      by Steve Not in Marietta on Oct 4, 2011 at 02:11 PM in reply to The Breeze
      Dude I have been in the pipe trades since 1983. These folks over here in Leon, not Taylor, wanted to start taking my picture when I brought in scrap. I told them NO with a big N and a big O! They wanted to photograph my DL, too! Let's just say that the salvage company has lost. Whatever I have as refuse or scrap, goes straight to the landfill! I love it! They lose, and I put it back in the Earth to use later.
        by 1stlttightwad on Oct 4, 2011 at 02:41 PM in reply to Steve Not in Marietta
        What are you afraid of..Honest people do not worry about verifying who they are..This is all about stopping some of the thievery going on. Don't take it personal..You prove who you are when you buy a gun, it keeps crooks from walking into a store and purchasing a weapon..
          by Andy Jackson(PAL) on Oct 4, 2011 at 06:20 PM in reply to 1stlttightwad
          I do not live in North Korea,Iran,Nazi Germany,or the old USSR.I am honest. With ID theft rampant,I don't give info freely. When I do, it is to people THAT I CHOOSE. To get you STFU,I am Native.
        by The Breeze on Oct 4, 2011 at 06:30 PM in reply to Steve Not in Marietta
        What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?
  • by Tallynole on Oct 4, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    Keep him away from the old capital's brand new dome!!!!
      by Steve Not in Marietta on Oct 4, 2011 at 02:04 PM in reply to Tallynole
      Just think about all the hoodrats that are waiting for the lights to go down at night....
        by M on Oct 8, 2011 at 11:48 AM in reply to Steve Not in Marietta
        hoodrats,hoodrats,hoodrats. THE only adjective you know. you are a MORON.
  • by wow,ditide on Oct 4, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    wowhe shoulda known better
      by Rick on Oct 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM in reply to wow,ditide
      How does a MORON know better... Common thief... When he'd run out of cell tower sights, he'd start with your AC units...Another low life off the streets.... OK lets here someone say what a wonderful person he is....
        by Bill on Oct 4, 2011 at 02:46 PM in reply to Rick
        His momma said that he is a good boy.just down on his luck so he is now a thief.Just a new trade
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 131065323 - wctv.tv/a?a=131065323