[UPDATE] Arrest Made in Midway Shooting

By: Gadsden County Sheriff's Office Release
By: Gadsden County Sheriff's Office Release

UPDATE - October 7, 2011 at 2pm by Jerry Askin

18-year-old Edema Abrakata has been arrested in connection with the shooting of 17-year-old Lapadre Sharpe. Sharpe was shot in the back late Tuesday night at the Midway City Park.

____________________________________

UPDATE - October 7, 2011 at Noon by Jerry Askin

A 17-year-old boy who was shot late Tuesday night is doing a little better in the hospital.

Someone shot Lapadre Sharpe in the back around midnight at the Midway City Park. Sharpe's mother tells us her son has been taken off a ventilator and is breathing on his own again. Deputies say the 17-year-old shooting suspect turned himself in yesterday morning 10/6. Deputies also arrested 20-year-old Nicholas Parker, 19-year-old Jeffrey Robinson, and 21-year-old Jamaclia Chandler in connection to the shooting.
____________________________________________

UPDATE - October 6, 2011 at 5:50pm by Jerry Askin

"As a mom we love our kids, and I just hate that this had to happen to him," says Erica Sampson.

It's every mother's nightmare to get the call like Erica Sampson did late Tuesday night to find out her son was shot in the back.

Gadsden County sheriff deputies say a 17-year old victim was shot around midnight at Midway City Park. And Sampson says it was her son, Lapadre Sharpe.

"I was terrified, I'm highly upset," says Sampson.

"The point of is - he had a 2-year old and in which they knew that. And I just don't see how you can shoot somebody and leave like it's nothing to it," says the victim's sister, Padrica Sharpe.

Deputies say the 17-year old shooting suspect turned himself in Wednesday morning. They also arrested 20-year old Nicholas Parker, 19-year old Jeffrey Robinson, and 21-year old Jamaclia Chandler all in connection to the shooting.

Witnesses say only minutes after the 17-year old was shot at Midway Park, he literally ran down Palmer Road and went to a nearby trailer asking for help.

"He was just knocking on the door for help and when we opened up, he just fell in my brother's arms," says Andrieka Hunter, a witness who lives at the home where the victim went after he was shot.

Sharpe was a student at Like Skills in Tallahassee. Now family members want justice as they're remaining positive in hopes of a strong recovery.

"They already had beat him and took his money. They didn't have to shoot him," says Padrica Sharpe.

"I just hate seeing my mama cry and have to worry about this. It hurts," says Shakeiceya Burgess, the victim's sister.

Deputies tell us the 17-year old shooting suspect as well as 20-year old Nicholas Parker and 19-year old Jeffrey Robinson have all been released from questioning. They say 21-year old Jamaclia Chandler remains in custody.

Deputies would not comment on the circumstances surrounding the shooting, but say the victim and the shooting suspect lived in the same neighborhood.
______________________________________________________
Midway, Florida - October 5, 2011 -
Midway Shooting Sends Juvenile to Hospital
by Ashley Mitchem

Gadsden County Deputies say a 17 year-old shot another 17-year-old late last night in the Midway City Park.

"I was shocked really scared!"

Bernard Hunter is friends with the teen who was shot...and it was his home the victim came stumbling to for help.

"He was very bad, I thought he wasn't going to survive."

Hunter's home is right down the road from the Midway City Park, where the 17 year-old was shot.

"I opened the door and when I opened the door he fell up in my son's arms and told him to please help him."

The family was in shock to see the teen shot in the back, and called 9-1-1 to get the victim help.

"He was like, I feel like I'm going to die, please ya'll don't let me die. He says where is the ambulance, and I said they are on the way just be calm."

The teen is now in Tallahassee Memorial Hospital in critical condition.

Deputies have been questioning a 17 year old shooting suspect along with Nicholas Parker,20, and Jeffery Robinson, 19, while Jamaclia Chandler, 21, was arrested for her involvement in the shooting. She's being held on charges of conspiracy and accessory after the fact.

David Knight, Midway City Commissioner AT: 57
"It's very alarming, disturbing, it's very unfortunate that the young man has been injured . I mean he's a great kid, he works, I don't see him do anything wrong."

-----------------------------------------------

Mugshots of the suspects are attached to the story.

Just before 12:00 am this morning, the Gadsden County Sheriff’s Office responded to a home in Midway, Florida where a “banging” at the front door woke up a family. The homeowner responded to the knocking only to open it and have a juvenile victim collapse inside of her residence. The 17-year-old victim told another resident inside of
the home that he was shot in the back by a 17-year-old juvenile, who is known to the victim and currently a suspect.

The victim was transported to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital and is listed in critical condition.

The 17-year-old shooting suspect and resident of Midway, Florida, who was identified as the shooter by the victim, turned himself in to the Gadsden County Sheriff’s Office this morning. The suspect is being questioned by investigators about his involvement at this
time. Investigators also apprehended two other suspects, 20-year-old Nicholas L. Parker and 19-year-old Jeffrey Robinson, both residents of Midway, Florida and are also waiting to be questioned. Jamaclia Andranctte Chandler, a 21-year-old
female, was arrested last night for her involvement in the shooting. Chandler is held on charges of conspiracy and accessory after the fact.

The investigation into the shooting continues and more information will be forthcoming.

• by mercedes richardson Location: HOME on Oct 8, 2011 at 04:35 PM
    I KNOW LAPADRE SHARP THAT WAS MY LIL FRIEND AN IT HURTS TO KNOW SOMEONE WOULD DO THIS TO HIM I WAS JUST TALKING TO HIM LAST WEEK AN HE WAS TELLING ME HE IS IN SCHOOL AN WANT TO GET HIS LIFE TOGETHER AN WANTED TO GO TO CHURCH WITH ME. I REALLY HOPE HE IS OKAY N MAKES IT THROUGH MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO HIS MOM I CANT EVEN IMAGINE HOW YOU FEEL. PADRE I HAVE MUCH LOVE FOR YOU AN YOUR BEING IN MY THOUGHTS AN PRAYERS MORE THAN EVER.... CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU SO THERE FOR IM SAYING I PUT MY TRUST IN GOD YOUR GOING TO MAKE IT
  • by Wowzers Location: Tallahassee on Oct 8, 2011 at 01:12 PM
    I have to admit that if my parents named me Enema Abrakata, I'd probably be looking to shoot someone too. Wow.
      by Learn efore you talk about a person's name. on Oct 8, 2011 at 02:41 PM in reply to Wowzers
      Enema Abrakata is an African from Africa. so ya'll can laid of this person name.Here U.S. it mean something totally different, from where he was born.
  • by Edema? Location: T Town on Oct 7, 2011 at 07:58 PM
    Her name is Edema? Maybe they should of named her Congestive Heart Failure. She got that swelling.
      by Steve Not in Marietta on Oct 8, 2011 at 03:27 AM in reply to Edema?
      "T Town." I was thinkin' the same thing. If you name a kid after a condition, or disease, they tend to lead by example, in another direction.
  • by Experienced on Oct 7, 2011 at 06:34 PM
    I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Wasn't LaPadre Sharpe Sr. killed in a Tallahassee shooting about 17 years ago?
  • by Paul on Oct 7, 2011 at 05:25 PM
    Please Please let the Sheriff's Offfice work with the Midway Police Department and give the good citizens of Midway the protection they deserve. Capt. Corder at the Sheriff's Office has presented a proposal to the city commission that works put the politics aside and let an established Law Enforcement agency work with the Midway P.D. util they are ready to stand on thier own. No matter what side you are on Capt. Corder cares about Midway and has proven that by working in the past with the City. Sheriff zyoung is also committed to the City. Pease put aside the politics and let the S.O. do thier job. Midway has so much potential for growth again please Commissioners stop talking and consider the Sheriff's Office proposal. If no one else thanks him I will Capt. Corder please don't givr up on Midway believe me you have more support than you know!!!!! God Bless
      by jan on Oct 8, 2011 at 03:48 AM in reply to Paul
      Corder ,, does not care about M/way ,,he cares about his check and is doing what Norris tell him to do ....
  • by Anonymous on Oct 7, 2011 at 02:27 PM
    A 18 year old comes to MY house in Midway with a gun and when all is said and done, I'll be calling for a body bag. I've got no qualms with pulling the trigger. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
      by mercedes richardson on Oct 8, 2011 at 04:36 PM in reply to
      RITE
  • by Steve on Oct 7, 2011 at 01:02 PM
    Maybe, just maybe if they used real ;names instead of fake-makebelieve africqan names, these kids would do better...They have done some research into names and how they correlate with how they do in life and these weird names...well, I bet they correlate with worthlessness! m They are NOT african names!
      by Anonymous on Oct 7, 2011 at 01:40 PM in reply to Steve
      I guess everyone named steve is not a criminal/worthless. I can think of two or three that are worthless criminals and with your name.
      by Anonymous on Oct 7, 2011 at 01:53 PM in reply to Steve
      You sound really ignorant. If the name is "African" how is it make believe? Maybe you should do research on names. Not to mention you spelled African wrong the first time.
  • by #8 Location: Tallahassee on Oct 7, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    Edema is a medical condition not a name.
      by Big Tyrell on Oct 7, 2011 at 02:17 PM in reply to #8
      And la padre translates into the Priest
  • by Michelle Location: Tallahassee on Oct 7, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    A teenager is fighting for his life and you're making jokes of his name? This is sad!!!
      by mercedes richardson on Oct 8, 2011 at 04:40 PM in reply to Michelle
      JUST REALLY SHOWS HOW IGNORANT AN IMMATURE THEY ARE AN LA PADRE IS MI FRIEND SO THEY NEED TO CHILL
  • by Beachgirl Location: TALLY on Oct 7, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    where in the world do they get these names? It probably takes the kid til they're 10 years old to learn to spell it!
      by Anonymous on Oct 7, 2011 at 01:03 PM in reply to Beachgirl
      They pick letter a number between 1 and 10 to figure out how many letter the name is going to be, then pick that number of letters from the scrabble box then just make up how to pronounce it.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 131161333 - wctv.tv/a?a=131161333