Moultrie Woman Arrested and Charged With Child Cruelty

By: Donnitra Gilbert Email
By: Donnitra Gilbert Email

Officers said Tierra Lewis was arrested Tuesday morning after hospital x-rays showed the infant had fractured bones.

Officers said Lewis told hospital officials that the baby fell off the couch and she fell on top of her while trying to break the infant's fall. The incident happened three days before it was reported.

Officers say the incident happened in Moultrie on February 9th but wasn't reported until February 12th in Gainesville.

Officers said the investigation is ongoing and the infant is in custody with the Department of Children and Families.

• by Yep Location: Quincy on Feb 20, 2011 at 08:47 AM
    Well, when parents get abusive the first thing they should look at is "Why" I guarantee this mother was on drugs. Thats normally when a person becomes physically abusive.
  • by tee on Feb 19, 2011 at 08:55 PM
    come interview me wswg tierramist@yahoo.com
  • by TallyBound on Feb 17, 2011 at 10:20 AM
    LOVE your screenname "bob bob bobety bob!" :-)
  • by TallyBound on Feb 17, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    I agree with Kim. How you one conclude from this article that the mother is "receiving a check and other government help?" EVERY story I read on here ALWAYS turn into a race issue. I'm disgusted.
  • by bob bob bobety bob Location: t-ville ga on Feb 17, 2011 at 10:09 AM
    HA! ya'll are so nice :)
  • by Kim Location: Moultrie Ga on Feb 17, 2011 at 08:01 AM
    Only God and the mother know what happened. Let's not jump to conclusions nor be self righteous. Accidents happen and the accident may have occured as the mother stated. There are too many children being taken away from there families. Yes, it's important to be cautious. Whether or not she receives Government assistance is none of our business. I honestly think that comment was racially motivated, so keep the ignorance to yourself. Hopefully the truth comes out and if the mother did not purposely injury her child I pray that see receives parental classes to aide her in being a better parent.
  • by Kathy Location: Crawfordville on Feb 17, 2011 at 03:47 AM
    I hope that you never have another child that you can beat. I hope that when you are in jail you will feel the pain that the baby felt when you hurt her. You should never get the baby back. DCF let the baby live with someone else that will love her and make sure that she has a chance in life. Never let that trash hold her again. Give her 20 years in jail for the crime.
  • by len on Feb 16, 2011 at 03:53 PM
    sorry thash ,I bet she is a single mom and getting a check and other gov. help... put her under the jail
  • by DJ Location: Madison on Feb 16, 2011 at 03:44 PM
    This poor baby had to have been in such pain. I hope their is a family member that can step in and take guardianship of this child and love and take care of her, and appreciate the gift of life. My prayers are with you sweet innocent baby girl. To the mother, I hope you rot in jail and are beaten daily and don't receive any medical help!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116355549 - wctv.tv/a?a=116355549