Quincy, FL -- October 14, 2011 --
Acting on information provided by witnesses Quincy Police have been able to make two arrests in several recent residential burglaries. Both teens were arrested after a vehicle used to transport stolen property was seen by a witness and tracked to the Gadsden Arms Apartments in Quincy. A search of an associated apartment revealed much of the property taken from burglaries which occurred on Shelfer and Cooper Streets in Quincy. Flat screen TVs were primary targets for the burglars as well as Nintendo games and clothes.
Both juveniles are 16 years of age and residents of Quincy. Both are being held and were transported to the Juvenile Assessment Center (JAC) in Tallahassee. The names of the juveniles are being withheld at this time.
The Quincy Police Department offers the following tips to citizens to reduce the chances of being victimized:
1. Make your home look occupied
2. Lock all doors when you go out even if for a short time
3. Leave lights on at night when you go out
4. Keep your garage door closed and locked
5. If going on vacation stop delivery of mail and newspapers
6. Arrange for your lawn to be mowed if you will be away for an extended time
7. Install deadbolt locks on all your outside doors
In citizens have additional questions they can contact the Quincy Police Department. They can also arrange for a residential crime prevention survey by calling 627-7111.