5 Teens Arrested for Auto Burglaries

By: QPD Release
By: QPD Release

Quincy, Florida - August 10, 2011 -

QPD Release:

Over the past week the Quincy Police Department responded to an increased number of auto burglaries. Most of the burglaries occurred in the historical neighborhoods of Burmah Heights and Lick Skillet. Suspects appear to have canvassed these residential areas after dark checking driveways for unlocked vehicles. Those vehicles found to be unlocked were rummaged through and valuables such as wallets, cash, firearms and cell phones were taken.

On Tuesday, August 9th Investigators with the QPD Criminal Investigation Division were able to take five teenagers into custody and charge them with these crimes. The teens range in age from 13-15 and all reside in Quincy.

To prevent becoming the victim of an auto burglary residents are reminded of the following tips:
• Lock your vehicle or “Lock It Before You Leave It”.
• Never leave valuables such as laptops, cell phones, wallets or firearms in a car in plain view of a criminal.
• All valuables should be removed from your vehicle and placed in the trunk or taken inside your home and special care should always be taken to properly secure firearms.

• by anonymous Location: Quincy on Aug 10, 2011 at 10:18 PM
    These kids were lucky they did not get shot by a homeowner that is tired of having items stolen from his property, or meet up with an unfamiliar dog on the property. Citizens of Quincy is on the look-out...as I was awake, and I heard the kids come through the neighborhood at 2am. I should have called QPD then. signed....previous theft victim/multiple times
  • by dAVID Location: tALLY on Aug 10, 2011 at 02:22 PM
    But Judge you don't understand. My mama she be take the check each month and she be spending in on krak. We yuggins are hungry. If that there government can't take care of us better, I guess we will just leave this ole united states. See it not be my fault. My father had nuttin to do with me as he was married to someone else. Momma say she didn't think she culd get pregnat but she did. You need to spank my momma.
  • by Marcus Garvey's Ghost Location: Crows Nest on Aug 10, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    The money it will cost to prosecute and babysit these kids should be spent on a plane ticket to haiti for 4 weeks , let them see how good they have it here. We'd save plenty of money and get real results .
      by Anonymous on Aug 10, 2011 at 01:00 PM in reply to Marcus Garvey's Ghost
      I agree.
      by I'dChipIn on Aug 11, 2011 at 08:23 AM in reply to Marcus Garvey's Ghost
      I'd chip in on a one way ticket. But round trip? No way.
        by Marcus Garvey's Ghost on Aug 11, 2011 at 09:37 AM in reply to I'dChipIn
        Round trip would only cost about 400 dollars out of Miami. We may get some real citizens back from this little vacation to the tropical resort. Life changes that would ripple thru to everyone they meet.
  • by Dee Location: Quincy on Aug 10, 2011 at 10:35 AM
    I know at least one of these children and you can bet they have done so many other crimes that was not either reported or caught for. They should all be tried as adults and sent away and put in some kind of detention center. The parenst of these children are upholding their children when they know these children should be punished...
  • by houseofkaos on Aug 10, 2011 at 09:04 AM
    Why bother arresting these teens? It's not like it accomplishes anything except cost the state money. Even a slap on the wrist costs lots of money. I mean, its not like a lesson will be learned or behavior curbed.
      by Anonymous on Aug 10, 2011 at 11:11 AM in reply to houseofkaos
      That's about the most moronic comment I've seen in a long time. So let them rob a bank or commit any crime but don't arrest them. Lockup the thugs!! At least that will get them off the street, something their absentee parents can't seem to do.
  • by Jeremy Location: Florida on Aug 10, 2011 at 08:52 AM
    This just doesnt even make any sense.....what do yiu have to steal for?? At such a young age they need to be focused on school. Parents need to be more watchful of their kids until the GRADUATE! Just because they are BIG ENOUGH to LOOK AFTER SELF, You as a parent are still responsible until the graduate!
      by DTH on Aug 10, 2011 at 03:44 PM in reply to Jeremy
      Actually, Parents are responsible until they are at least 18 and Moved out BUT up to 23 if they still Live at Home.
  • by A Homeowner on Aug 10, 2011 at 08:42 AM
    Make an example out of these juvenile punks and throw the book at them. There is no excuse for what they did.
      by Anonymous on Aug 10, 2011 at 09:23 AM in reply to A Homeowner
      Hitting them with a book will do what exactly?
      by Dee on Aug 10, 2011 at 10:36 AM in reply to A Homeowner
      I agree completely with you on this one. the parents are upholding these kids. if so, they should do some time for them
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 127456853 - wctv.tv/a?a=127456853