TPD: Two Arrested for Jack McLean Park Armed Robbery

By: Tallahassee Police Department Email
By: Tallahassee Police Department Email

Tallahassee, FL -- January 21, 2012

This morning at approximately 12:30AM, the Tallahassee Police Department responded to 700 Paul Russell Road (Jack McLean Park), regarding an armed robbery to an individual. Upon arrival officers learned that the victim was at the park talking with two female friends near the basketball courts. The victim was approached by two black males armed with firearms and demanded cash. The victim was forced at gunpoint to drive to a local bank and withdraw an undisclosed amount of money from his bank account. The suspects drove the victim back to Jack McLean Park and made him get out of the suspect vehicle. The suspects fled in an unknown vehicle.

Investigators interviewed witnesses and evidence which established information that the two female friends, the victim was originally in the park talking with, were involved in the robbery. Probable cause was established for the arrest of two females for Armed Robbery and Armed Kidnapping. The two black male suspects were described as 20-30 years of age wearing all black clothing and ski masks.

ARRESTED:
Dedriauna Reed, Black Female, 5/23/1992
Lakenya Lindsey, Black Female, 8/6/1992

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to contact the Tallahassee Police Department at (850) 891-4200 or Crime Stoppers at (850) 574-TIPS (8477). Remember, Crime Stoppers does not want you name just your information. You could be eligible for a cash reward.

• by Yo Location: Tally on Jan 27, 2012 at 03:48 PM
    One day we will stop hurting each other and live for the work of our Lord,and stop the drugs,prostitution,and violence that have ruined that neighborhood and many others like it in the United States.Wake Up!!!!
  • by MR KEMP Location: Tally on Jan 27, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    People have hurt and done dede wrong her whole life, family members and including myself at times. the victim is this case is not at all a victim, but a suspect in many sex crimes including statutory . I know dede more than anyone an i dont see her capable of masterminding this lick. she was simply with the wrong crowd at the wrong time. de is not built to spend her life in prison. she is very smart, and i would hate me to have to take our son to see his mother behind bars, he wouldn,t be able to see her till he is 16.. jaivan is 2 this month...
  • by Yo Location: tally on Jan 27, 2012 at 05:08 AM
    If you want to keep the park empty at night,open up a 24 hour KFC by the park,and watch the crime rates drop!!!
  • by Anonymous on Jan 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    To the sorry grandmother you want to b so important and ask for prayers it looks like you shouldn't have waited until now for prayers you should have prayed for her when she was shaking her but for cash and messing with that pastor know your facts dumb lady.
      by Amber Phillips on Jan 26, 2012 at 06:18 PM in reply to Anonymous
      D.reed done been through way too much, She really is a good girl, and she's also very intelligent. She's gone get through this. I'ma make sure of that.
  • by MR KEMP Location: tallahassee on Jan 26, 2012 at 09:55 AM
    dede is strong enough woman to get trough this, she has been through more in her life than anyone her age should. ya,ll don,t know half of it or you wouldn't be hating on her. She was just in a bad situation. Thanks geneva for your support too, an yes i was second on her list. I will have her back and make sure our son is safe.
  • by GENEVA REED Location: tallahassee on Jan 26, 2012 at 07:34 AM
    oh and by the way (q)she moved out my house 2007 so get yourself some facts before you come at me. My cell number nor my office has changed and she knew it
  • by GENEVA REED Location: tallahassee on Jan 26, 2012 at 07:18 AM
    Its funny to me that we as parents or grand parents do all we can to save our kids and they dont listen to us, as soon as they go do the very thing we try to save them from we get blamed............wow
  • by GENEVA REED Location: tallahassee on Jan 26, 2012 at 07:11 AM
    This is to (q) I did step in and was told by dedriauna to mind my own business. Read again there is a differance between being criticized and stating a fact nevertheless I have always been here and I am here now, my name went first on her list because she knows I am here. For the ones out there that she called friend, and told her she did't have to listen to me where are they?
  • by GENEVA REED Location: tallahassee on Jan 26, 2012 at 07:11 AM
  • by GENEVA REED Location: TALLAHASSEE on Jan 24, 2012 at 02:50 AM
    Maybe this will be a wake up call for my granddaughter, I ask all of you to pray for her and the other young girl that was with her.
      by Q on Jan 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM in reply to GENEVA REED
      For her grandmother to criticize doesn't make the situation any better. Where were you when she was out staying in trouble? You should've stepped in before it got to this point.
        by smh on Jan 24, 2012 at 03:38 PM in reply to Q
        Criticizing may not make the situation better but that girl is a grown woman. It is no longer her grandmother's job to babysit her. You try stepping in an adults life especially when there mind tells them to do thins like this. There is probably no talking to her.
      by flgirl on Jan 25, 2012 at 09:54 AM in reply to GENEVA REED
      It is a wake up call she will be old and gray when she get out! somebody trying to help her and she turn around and do this..My my..When God get finish with her and the other girl and the two guys..It were better for him/her that a millstone were hanged about his/her neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he/she should offend one of his children.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137831914 - wctv.tv/a?a=137831914