TPD Arrests Attempted Homicide Suspect

By: TPD Release
By: TPD Release

Tallahassee, Florida - August 10, 2011 -

On Friday, August 5th, 2011 at approximately 4:28am, the Tallahassee Police Department responded to the Stratford Landing Apartment complex at 2616 Mission Road, in reference to a shooting incident.

Initial investigation revealed Antonio Ellison and Dewan Myles were involved in a physical altercation earlier the same morning at a mutual friend’s apartment. During this altercation Ellison received minor injuries and was transported to the Tallahassee Memorial Hospital for treatment.

Ellison returned to the location of 2616 Mission Road, firing a shotgun at Myles who was inside the apartment. Myles received minor injuries as a result of the shooting. Ellison fled the scene prior to the arrival of police. Further investigation by the Criminal Investigations Division led to an attempted murder warrant being issued for Ellison.

On Sunday August 7th, 2011 Ellison was located by members of the Career Criminal Unit with the assistance of the US Marshal’s service and taken into custody without incident.

Arrested: Antonio Ellison black male 08-15-84
Charges: Attempted Homicide and Criminal Mischief- Damage Property

• by Anonymous on Aug 11, 2011 at 09:50 AM
    omg tony boo keep ya head up and i know he isnt a bad person .
      by rika on Aug 17, 2011 at 12:19 PM in reply to
      for all the positive ones who had good things to about my cousin thank u an may god bless u .I want to say that truely most of u are on the outside looking in. An what if it was your love one. TONY the victim in this case I LOVE U CUZ SHAIRIkA RIDE A DIE FOR LIFE
  • by Tammie Location: Tallahassee on Aug 10, 2011 at 08:36 PM
    He is not a bad person that is my nephew and he been around me all his life and he would never do anything to hurt no one in this world.I will always love him and will keep him in my prayer forever and hope the out of this.......
      by reality check on Aug 11, 2011 at 03:43 AM in reply to Tammie
      he just tried to hurt someone. and he thought about it while he was getting patched up. what ever his motive was he tried to shoot someone, and unless someone was breaking into his home or something like that he was WRONG. he is however in my prayers, and i don't know him.
        by Anonymous on Aug 11, 2011 at 11:17 AM in reply to reality check
        For one how do anyone no it was him that did it.Did you read it what it said Suspect now can you tell me what Suspect mean? Yes, and he was a working parent and he do have 2kids that he love and will do anything to take care of the and he was not on the streets doing things to hurt anyone life......peace and God bless them that think the worst of other
      by Christina on Aug 11, 2011 at 09:47 AM in reply to Tammie
      thats my dawg ... dang bruh what happened
      by Oh Tammie on Aug 11, 2011 at 10:28 AM in reply to Tammie
      Yeah. Right Tammie. That is why the CAREER CRIMINALS task force went after him - because he is not a bad person. Which makes me wonder . . what do you define as a bad person? Someone who works for a living, is not willing to kill for crack, and isn't a habitual offender?
        by Anonymous on Aug 11, 2011 at 11:19 AM in reply to Oh Tammie
        one thing about it he is not that person that you want to make him out to be........
  • by Anonymous on Aug 10, 2011 at 07:03 PM
    goes to show you shot placement trumps caliber every time.
  • by southside Location: tallahassee on Aug 10, 2011 at 01:32 PM
    Not a bad person? Are not our actions what determines if we are "bad" or "good"? A few generations ago, people worked hard everyday, if you didn't have, you did without; you had to work to eat. I can ride through Stratford at anytime and see capable men doing nothing, but appear to be dressed and fed. Is there really that many men who work at night jobs and have energy to cause trouble during the day? Where does your friend get money for a shotgun and shells?
      by say it again on Aug 11, 2011 at 03:40 AM in reply to southside
      thank you for this...the bible says if a man don't work he don't eat. A REAL MAN has some sort of sense of pride and wants to take care of himself and his family....honestly. I get tired of hearing excuses about living a hard life. I did too. it just motivated me to do better for me and my kids, not live off the system and complain about not having anything, not stand around selling drugs, etc. etc. people don't take pride in themselves like they used to.
        by Anonymous on Aug 11, 2011 at 11:21 AM in reply to say it again
        This isnot about a drug case so where is all the things coming up about drug.......
  • by Big Rick Location: greater Tally area on Aug 10, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    Well Doeboy. You're right about a lot of lame comments. I'm sure yours will top the list as the lamest. A good guy? He's a career criminal. He shot at his friend with a shotgun. (luckily he missed) I lost my mother a long time ago and haven't yet tried to kill some one. He didn't snap he left the original scene, thought about it and came back with a shotgun... That's premeditation not snapping. People these days do not even have the simplest of communication skills and absolutely have no regard for human life. Not even their own. He had to know there were dire consequences for his actions. Now he'll spend most of the rest of his life in prison. I know I don't want him on the streets where he could kill some one because they looked wrong at him. Lock him up with the rest of the animals.
      by Tammie on Aug 10, 2011 at 08:42 PM in reply to Big Rick
      Big Rick!Please stop your judgement because you do not no him like that sorry to say.......
      by i agree on Aug 11, 2011 at 03:36 AM in reply to Big Rick
      i agree he was shame and had to come back to show everyone he had "heart" the only problem is, if he had a heart he wouldn't try to shoot anyone. he certainly was "standing his ground"
  • by DoeBoy on Aug 10, 2011 at 11:57 AM
    i know people are going to have alot of lame comments but he was a close friend of mine for a long time...i know he is not a bad person at all....the only thing i can wonder is what would have happened that would have made his mind snap like that....it cant be because he got beat up...hes had a hard life and he lost his mom about 7 yrs ago...he is a real good guy im sorry that his life hit this point...im praying for you tony
      by Anonymous on Aug 10, 2011 at 01:43 PM in reply to DoeBoy
      In fact he is such a great gut that he tried to shoot somebody!
      by Umm on Aug 10, 2011 at 06:53 PM in reply to DoeBoy
      You mean he wasn't always a bad person
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 127467668 - wctv.tv/a?a=127467668