Tallahassee Police Arrest Woman on Fraud Charges

By: TPD Press Release
By: TPD Press Release

Tallahassee, FL -- October 13, 2011 --

On Monday, October 10, 2011, the Tallahassee Police Department arrested 51 year-old Lottie Cook, for 19 outstanding felony warrants.

Investigation revealed Lottie Cook had stolen more than $30,000 dollars from her mother, 89 year-old Sarah Cook. Sarah Cook came to live with her daughter, in April 2011, after being injured and needing additional care. Between April and June 2011, Lottie Cook wrote several checks from her mother’s checking account without her permission. Lottie Cook purchased a vehicle and paid several bills with the money she had taken from her mother’s account. The vehicle Cook purchased was seized by the Tallahassee Police Department.

Arrested:

Lottie Cook, white female, DOB:12/05/1960

11 counts of Forgery
6 counts of Uttering
1 count of Grand Theft $20,000 victim 65 or older
1 count of Exploitation of the Elderly

Sarah Cook discovered the missing money when she returned to her home in South Florida, at which time she filed a police report.

• by LOTTIE COOK on Feb 22, 2012 at 04:40 PM
    TPD PRESS RELEASE: LOTTIE COOK WAS NOT 51 YEARS OF AGE AS OF 10/13/11
  • by Kate Location: Daytona on Feb 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    It is very distrubing that people comment on something when they don't have or know all the facts! This woman had not "moved in" with her daughter, but was led to believe that she was visiting, and planned to return to her own home and automobile. The car purchased was purchased for the granddaughter by the daughter and not for any purpose related to transporting the grandmother. Family may ask to borrow money, but you don't steal, period. This woman would have gladly given her the money as she had done many times in the past, if only she had asked.
  • by granny on Oct 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    she should had just charged her mom x amount of money when she moved in there. becaused its not cheap to livvvvvve w/someone taking care of you too .
  • by Steve Location: Not in Marietta on Oct 14, 2011 at 10:22 AM
    I wish the Late Great Claude Pepper were still with us.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 14, 2011 at 10:09 AM
    Well she could have put her mother in a nursing home and the cost per would have been about the same amount. I would rather my daughter take care of me than strangers so what is the old lady fussing about. Betcha the daughter doesn't take her in again when she gets out of jail...I know I wouldn't.
  • by CADES on Oct 14, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    I guess the mother moved in with daughter for a free ride? No, she moved in obviously because she could take care of herself. So if the daughter need a car to take her mother to the doctor, the daughter got what she needed to take care of her mother and the mother paid for it. And if she paid bills with it then it was helping the mother as well. If I was the daughter I would take my mother to court for room and board and any other expenses will she lived with me. It is a shame that people think they can move into your home and just live there for free.
  • by anon on Oct 14, 2011 at 08:03 AM
    Shame on her for taking advantage of an elderly person! Especially her mother! Please put Lottie Cook under the jail. Throw the book at her. I hope this crime has a sentence of 10 years. How pathetic.
  • by TJ on Oct 14, 2011 at 06:31 AM
    I wonder what conversation happened between these two before the mother filed the police report. I'm guessing it didn't go well!
  • by MRB Location: quincy on Oct 14, 2011 at 04:11 AM
    forgery is writing the bad check and uttering is passing the check!
  • by Anonymous Location: Val;dosta on Oct 13, 2011 at 05:53 PM
    What is Uttering?
      by Jeff on Oct 14, 2011 at 04:57 AM in reply to
      Passing a forged instrument.(Actually using the forged check).
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 131816408 - wctv.tv/a?a=131816408