[UPDATE] A Deadly Start to the Holiday Weekend

By: Eyewitness News
By: Eyewitness News

UPDATE 7-1-2011 10:35pm

FHP released information about a fatal accident in Jefferson County. FHP officials say it happened in Monticello on Pearl Street around 4 o'clock this afternoon. Trropers say a vehicle hit a pedestrian. The pedestrian, Sarene Collins, was taken to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital where she later died from her injuries.

The driver of the vehicle, Clifford Davis, was not injured. No charges have been filed, but the FHP is still investigating the crash.

NOTE: accident report is attached

----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 7-1-2011 8:42pm

The Florida Highway Patrol tells WCTV that a one car accident led to a fatality. FHP says a man in his 60's died when he had some sort of medical seizure that caused him to crash his Ford Ranger into a tree off Rivers Road near Crawfordville Road.

The name of the fatality has not been released, but Sergeant Aaron Stephens says the man complained of chest pains when he had left a friend's house earlier in the day. Stephens cautions drivers never to get behind the wheel when experiencing chest pains. Stephens suggests calling 911 instead of driving.

NOTE: Accident Report is attached

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 1, 2011 --

The Florida Highway Patrol is reporting two fatal accidents on Florida's roadways.

Few details are available about the fatal accidents.

According to the FHP's website, there was a fatality in Jefferson County at around 4:30 pm. The accident occurred North Jefferson Street and East Pearl Street in Monticello.

The second fatality being reported by the FHP occurred after 7:00 pm in Leon County. According to the FHP website, this accident happened near Rivers Road and Crawfordville Road.

WCTV has a crew on the way to accident in Leon County and we hope to bring you more information as it becomes available/

• by old briar trail Location: tally on Jul 8, 2011 at 07:44 AM
    I never seen any updates on who was killed off Rivers Road, does anyone know who it was?
  • by Jessica Location: Perry on Jul 6, 2011 at 08:31 AM
    Would anyone happen to know if this Cliff Davis that was involved in the accident be the attorney from Montecello?
      by S on Jul 6, 2011 at 01:18 PM in reply to Jessica
  • by Karen Location: Tallahassee on Jul 5, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    I live on Rivers Road and FHP was on the scene for over five hours with the body laying right on the side of the road for all of our children to see. This could have been handled a little better by FHP - the body should have been blocked from view by one of the cruisers. VERY UPSETTING!
      by SH88 on Jul 5, 2011 at 05:17 PM in reply to Karen
      Why did you allow your children to stand there at watch? You don't know how crime scenes work.
  • by Sonny Location: Tallahassee on Jul 4, 2011 at 05:36 PM
    Jethro, I'm guessing I should not be too surprised at your lack of reading comprehension given your name. My original post was what I was referencing. THAT post was geared towards the person mentioned in it, which you obviously couldn't seem to grasp. Apparently you are the one with some sort of emotional problem. You immediately started in with some 4 year old snot nose comment which made no sense whatsoever. I was pointing out how "long" this FHP investigation was taking, given that the person mentioned had something to say about the length of a TPD investigation over the same time period. I didn’t realize that you people don’t allow for opinions that don’t match yours. You should really have that checked. I guess it’s due time for the North to come put you back in your place one more time..geez…
  • by no wonder Location: ga on Jul 3, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    went to jax beach yesterday. it was like fightin a war driveing on I10 one minute everyone is going 95 the next 20 all the way there. CANT THE HUMAN RACE DO ANYTHING IN A CIVILIZED WAY? the way i see it if acar is upside down in the ditch good riddance they are out of my way not endangering my life anymore.
  • by Sonny Location: Tallahassee on Jul 2, 2011 at 05:46 AM
    FHP 667....where are you now? Here's a fine example. It's been a day. How come charges aren't being filed on the driver that killed the pedestrian? 9 times out of 10 the pedestrian is the one who was not at fault. So what are they waiting for?? And with the other case, how do they know he had a "medical seizure"? As opposed to a non-medical seizure I guess? They do road side autopsies now?? Come on FHP 667...we want answers. Why is it taking so long?
      by Anonymous on Jul 2, 2011 at 11:14 AM in reply to Sonny
      Tony, you were not there and do not know the circumstances, so shut your mouth
        by Anonymous 2 on Jul 2, 2011 at 01:15 PM in reply to
        Thank you Sonny. Guess you know more that anyone else.Really,were you there? I'm sure the lose of a life isn't enough for you. May God give comfort to ALL the families involved.
          by Sonny on Jul 2, 2011 at 03:25 PM in reply to Anonymous 2
          This had nothing to do with the actual article. This was geared at something else.
        by You got derped on Jul 2, 2011 at 02:45 PM in reply to
        How do you know where I was?
          by Jethro Capital City, Florida on Jul 3, 2011 at 05:06 PM in reply to You got derped
          Well, I guess Sonny is just a big fat loser. I tried to help him deal with a crazy stupid post, but now I'm going to help you. Just send this message to mrs. sonny! "Shut your pie hole, you snotnosed punk, and wipe that snot from your nose, you snotnosed punk!" "Did your mother have any children that lived, sonny?" "Were you born stupid, or just decided to be stupid?" Now you have been schooled, on how to deal with a stupid person! Word!
        by Jethro Tallahassee, Fl. on Jul 3, 2011 at 10:06 AM in reply to
        Sonny. The term is "pie hole." If flows like a river. Try it! It's great! "Shut your pie-hole!" You see? that's how you handle a snotnose...Word!
          by Sonny on Jul 3, 2011 at 01:52 PM in reply to Jethro Tallahassee, Fl.
          Well, okay then. That was, um, different. Did I hurt your whittle feerings too?
          by Sonny on Jul 3, 2011 at 08:25 PM in reply to Jethro Tallahassee, Fl.
          You have lost me. If you read the post, you would have understood it was geared for someone else in a different article altogether, referencing FHP. But your twang has led me to see that your not capable of said thought processes. Whatever makes you happy though. Carry on.
          by Tripping on Jul 6, 2011 at 08:20 PM in reply to Jethro Tallahassee, Fl.
          You both sound like you are 5 GROW UP
      by j on Jul 3, 2011 at 05:07 AM in reply to Sonny
      I bet he does not want to talk to a fool like you anymore ,,,,seen you know more than anyone else on here..
        by Sonny on Jul 3, 2011 at 08:22 PM in reply to j
        Depends on the scenario.
          by ib41-ucan2 on Jul 4, 2011 at 06:47 AM in reply to Sonny
          loser.
          by Jethro Capital City, Florida on Jul 4, 2011 at 10:34 AM in reply to Sonny
          Sonny! If you look at the screen in front of you, you will see that you responded to two of my blogs! You cannot do that, if the first was: "...geared for someone else in a different article altogether..." If you cannot read, I will understand. If you have some emotional problem, okay by me. But don't assume that I can't read! I will ask you again: did your mother have any children that survived? Word!
        by Sonny on Jul 3, 2011 at 08:31 PM in reply to j
        If there was a conversation worth having, maybe.
  • by Deepest Sorrows on Jul 2, 2011 at 04:47 AM
    So very sad. This was a horrific scene and I pray for the Collins family as well as Cliff's family. Horrible just horrible.
  • by punkin on Jul 2, 2011 at 03:23 AM
    may god hold these famillies in his arms and give the comfort in their time of sarrow. were praying for you
  • by Tony R. on Jul 1, 2011 at 11:11 PM
    I heard it was the firetruck's fault.
  • by Anonymous on Jul 1, 2011 at 06:41 PM
    Monticello has once again suffered a terrible loss in the heart of our little town. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of everyone involved. I hope the love and support of the community will help each one of you through this sad time.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 124893269 - wctv.tv/a?a=124893269