Accident in Gadsden Co. Leaves One Child Dead, Three Others Critical

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

Gadsden County, Fl - June 4, 2012

A 7-year-old is dead and three other kids are critically injured from a car crash that took place on June 2nd in Gadsden County.

We still don't know the names of the children involved in the crash, but the Florida Highway Patrol says that the 16-year-old driving the car was speeding during bad weather. The vehicle ended up in a ditch along County Road 268 in Gretna. The 7-year-old in that car died. A 16-year-old, 11-year-old, and 9-year-old were taken to the hospital in critical condition.

The crash report says no one in the vehicle had on a seat belt.

_______________________________

Gadsden County, Fl - June 2, 2012

A 16-year-old driver in a 2001 Ford Expedition, traveling west on County Road 268 in Gadsden County, hit a tree after traveling at an unsafe speed during inclement weather Friday afternoon.

The Florida Highway Patrol responded to the scene around 4:25 p.m. The vehicle came to a final rest approximately twelve feet west of the area of collision.

A 7-year-old passenger was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver, a 9-year-old and a 10-year old passenger were all left critically injured.

• by Have a Heart Location: Sneads on Jun 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    Please grow up people!!! STOP being so rude, especially to a family that is going through such a tough time. What if you were in their shoes? What would you do? Judge NOT, that ye be not judged. Judging in an unjust manner also includes condemning. People instead of judging pray for this family. What goes around comes around, so be careful with all the comments who knows one day you may be faced with something tragic or even worse, because revenge is his and he will repay! I pray for this dear family who ever they may be.
  • by Holly on Jun 5, 2012 at 07:52 AM
    Is there an update on the condition of the survivors? This 16 yr old needs to be arrested. It is sad but he broke the law and bad things happened. my prayers are with the family.
  • by GA DAD on Jun 5, 2012 at 05:22 AM
    I saw an update on this story this morning and I could have sworn that they said a teacher was driving them home because she lived close to them. I was like a teacher taking kids home and no one was wearing seat belts? Of course I saw it on before 6 a.m. so I could have heard wrong....anyone else see this please tell me I am wrong.
      by really? on Jun 5, 2012 at 08:27 AM in reply to GA DAD
      stop spreading rumors there ga "mom". see i said mom because usually women are known for gossip.post a website for this if i am wrong and i will retract my statement otherwise... well you know.
        by GA DAD on Jun 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM in reply to really?
        "Of course I saw it on before 6 a.m. so I could have heard wrong....anyone else see this please tell me I am wrong." If I am wrong I will accept it, I stated what I thought I heard and asked for someone to clarify. WTF more do you want?
  • by Anonymous on Jun 4, 2012 at 05:28 PM
    Yet another case that plainly shows driver training in the U.S. is seriously lacking. Dangerously so. To the point that it is, and always has been, a major public health concern.
  • by Tally GIrl on Jun 4, 2012 at 02:42 PM
    Clicket or Ticket!! Florida did not spend money, time, and effort on educating the public for no reason. It's a shame when people break the laws. Tragic accidents happen when they do. Speeding with out seat belts is never a smart option. So sad, I hope this family overcomes this horrible tragic life altering event in their lives. They will remember this forever and ever.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 4, 2012 at 01:14 PM
    Oh give her a break that many kids by yourself is a tough job for anyone, let alone a 16 yr old who has not been legally driving for a very long time.
  • by angelr Location: tallahassee florida on Jun 4, 2012 at 01:12 PM
    I am sorry, for the families lost, and for all those who put neagtive comment please grow up, this famiily just lost a child. THINK ABOUT THAT. please dont judge anyone or a anyones child okay. Only god can judge. So if you dont know this family or what they are going thre plz keep your negative comments to your self. RIP littile angel may god watch over you now.
  • by Reboot Location: Tally on Jun 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    Come on people have a heart, I don't normally,post here because people are so nasty!! But Black..... My hisband & I both drove all over Europe....all we had to take was a simple written test & basic driving. We never had to take all of the courses you speak of or pay fees, just the regular fee....never lost our license either!! But you can bet if you saw a accident on the autobahn...some one did not make it because they drive so fast there....so I know it has nothing to do with which country you are in!
  • by Anonymous on Jun 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    Man people are just so judgmental on here. I guarantee that someone on here will put their judgemental two sense in on my comment. This family is going through a lot. Who gave us the power to point a finger and place blame? It doesn't matter if this person was 16 or would have been 24, NO ONE is an experienced driver and NO ONE is a perfect driver! This family made a decision that cost them the life of a child and have 3 in critical condition! No one should have to go through something like this. That is that hardest thing in the world to have a loss of a child, but my goodness...people please quit being so judgemental towards this family. They have to deal with this everyday for the rest of their lives...
      by Anonymous on Jun 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM in reply to
      I agree, people are really judgemental till it becomes a situation in there life. These kids do not deserve any of these comments just our prayers and our love. God is watching over these angels. But we know where the devil hangs out
  • by BLACK on Jun 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    LIKW I SAID: RTHIS IS NOT AN ACCIDENT. IT IS CARELESS DRIVING, NO BELT, SPEEDING IN RAIN, 16 WITH 3 SMALLER KIDS, SAD BUT TRUE. it is very sad indeed but once again getting a license in this country is as easy as buying a pack of laundry soap. so many times them kids at lincoln high school almost hit me in the curve. people are careless. hope nobody else dies but the 16 year old i guarantee you will be charge....my kids are not going to drive til they are 18 and they will learn on stick shift, because you pay more attention than driving automatic...sad, tragic. but he should have waited for the rain to stop and buckle them kids. amen
      by Annonymous on Jun 4, 2012 at 01:20 PM in reply to BLACK
      Wow, just wow, and you are a mom? You do not know what happened so stop assuming.
      by sam on Jun 5, 2012 at 09:06 AM in reply to BLACK
      Eightteen doesn't make them ready either. Look at the recent accidents. A 22 year old in a coma. A 33 year old drinking and driving. Accidents happen all the time. This parent will have to deal with her situation, but you BLACK do not change the fact a mother lost a child. Had he waited for the rain to pass, the roads would still be wet. It could have happened with the sun shining. Show some compassion for a family that is hurting.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 156698215 - wctv.tv/a?a=156698215