Bicyclist Injured in Sopchoppy

By: WCSO Press Release
By: WCSO Press Release

Sopchoppy, FL -- August 19, 2011 --

A 40-year-old Sopchoppy man was severely injured when he was struck by a female Crawfordville motorist on the Sopchoppy Highway near Lou's Bait and Tackle, according to Sheriff David Harvey.

The bike rider, Girardeau Franz Murray, pulled out in front of a female
motorist who was northbound on the highway and was struck at
approximately 4:21 p.m. The bicyclist was riding in the highway bike
lane prior to the accident occurring.

Wakulla EMS staff transported the victim to Tallahassee Memorial
Hospital with critical head and body injuries.

No charges have been filed against the driver.

• by me on Aug 27, 2011 at 09:25 AM
    Thank you Beldin for helping save the life of one of Sopchoppy's own! Maybe... your comment was beutiful.
  • by officer on Aug 25, 2011 at 02:58 AM
    I was the second officer to stop and help administer first aid to this man. I don't know why the news never mentioned us, that is on them not us. Whenever D.O.C. does something wrong every news station covers it! The driver was not named because she was not charged with anything. I will not name my fellow officer because it is her place to do so and she may not want her name added. As for myself I am officer J. Beldin. I did not do anything extraordinary and I am asking for nothing more than this, when you see someone hurt please stop and help!!! One day it may be you or your family member and then what would you do?
  • by Maybe Location: Sopchoppy on Aug 24, 2011 at 11:53 AM
    For everyone bad mouthing Geradaeu. I've been working in sopchoppy for 15 years now and i'm only 22. I've seen him around here alot. last week i was driving through and gave him a ride b/c he was walking in the heat. also in this weather being out onto of the black top really takes an effect on people. i've had people about have heat strokes just standing outside not even doing anythign, like riding a bike. there are alot of people who ride bikes along the road here. and if you know anything about sopchppy roads there is very little space on the other side of the white line for bikes to be riding. its a terrible accedent that could have been prevented by a bunch of things. its sad, but pointing fingers is no way to go about it. i just pray he gets better soon. That turn is hard pay attention to. you have a resaraunt and two gas stations all within yards of each other and around that time is when there is alot of traffic. that being said does not say there is nothing she could have done but whats done is done and its good to know that he is doing better. Maybe this will be an eye opener for the county and sopchoppy to take an extra step to accomidate for everyone traveling on the roads, not just the cars and trucks, you can't even walk your dogs witout fear of them and you getting hit. Get better Geradaeu!!!
  • by officer on Aug 22, 2011 at 02:40 PM
    This comment has been deleted.
      by officer on Aug 22, 2011 at 04:28 PM in reply to officer
      Why are all these mindless people comming toward now with there two cents worth? Where were all of you when this man was laying in the rd, someone even admitted to riding by right after it happened! Why didn't any of you stop. My fellow officer and I are bolth mothers with kids waiting to be picked up from school. We had just got off work while most of you passing by just looked on. We stopped for a total stranger based on nothing more than respect for another of gods children. Where were you? We could have used even a thank you ladies..... we may be glorified security guards to our beloved Gov. Scott but this day we were family.
  • by Dang! Location: Sopchoppy on Aug 21, 2011 at 07:07 PM
    I'll try not to take much offense here as I'm sure these are relatives defending her honor, So all's good. Good Luck Geradaeu speedy recovery And may peace be with you as well Miss.
  • by Dang! Location: Sopchoppy on Aug 21, 2011 at 06:16 PM
    WOW! you folks are a tad Harsh huh? how did this end up with me a coward and loser. TBH I could of assisted him and them in this time of need. I fail to see how any of the things I've brought up have sent the message that I am somehow to blame or have name called here. get real please.
  • by Crissy on Aug 21, 2011 at 03:06 PM
    Im..praying..for..you...my..friend..:(..I..will..see..you..when..you..get..out!<3..you..Geradaeu!!!!..
  • by ME on Aug 20, 2011 at 08:41 PM
    WHY HAS THE DRIVER NOT BEEN NAMED????? HOW IS THE VICTIM; CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME UPDATES!
      by Resident on Aug 21, 2011 at 06:36 AM in reply to ME
      I do not see why the driver needs to be named; so she can be ridiculed even more by all of these narrow minded individuals? No need in all that. Prayers are with him and his family.
      by Anonymous on Aug 21, 2011 at 07:02 AM in reply to ME
      I see no need in all that.
      by Crissy on Aug 21, 2011 at 03:02 PM in reply to ME
      He..is..making..it.just..enough..
  • by OLIVIA Location: CARRABELLE on Aug 20, 2011 at 05:33 PM
    THAT CORRECTIONAL OFFICER HAPPENS TO BE MY COUSIN AN SHE WAS TORE UP ABOUT IT SHE WAS STILL CRYING AN NERVOUS 4 HRS AFTER THE ACCIDENT AN I CAN ALSO TELL U SHE WOULD NEVER HURT NOBODY ON PURPOSE OR LIE ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS....SO ALL THE NEGITIVE COMMENTS CAN KISS A**
  • by Dang! Location: Sopchoppy on Aug 20, 2011 at 03:57 PM
    I believe he was hit by the correctional worker lady. so of course they hopped out to help. I hope those aren't the only witnesses.
      by Anonymous on Aug 21, 2011 at 06:28 AM in reply to Dang!
      As a friend of these Officers that stopped to help shame on you! I know these two women and I commend them for being brave enough to step and and do everything that they could to help this man before the EMS arrived. Shame on you. Shame Shame Shame
      by Anonymous on Aug 21, 2011 at 06:36 AM in reply to Dang!
      God help you if you are ever the one who needs help, I wish we all knew who you were so that no one would help you. You were not there coward and if you were I highly doubt you would know what the heck to do. You are a coward and a loser and nothing more!
        by Resident on Aug 21, 2011 at 07:01 AM in reply to
        Don't let that loser get to you; he is probably just some crack head that stays at that crack house on the curve in buckhorn, which is more than likey where this guy was headed. This "dang" individual is a coward and a loser. Don't even worry about him. Like someone else mentioned, he was not even there and if he had been he is obviously too stupid to have helped administer first aid. Thanks to those citizens and those officers who helped him until the paramedics arrived.
      by @ Dang on Aug 21, 2011 at 01:04 PM in reply to Dang!
      Correctional worker lady? Wow, you are educated and sound highly intelligent!
        by Dang! on Aug 21, 2011 at 06:17 PM in reply to @ Dang
        so adding lady to the phrase makes me a moron huh. LOL
        by Grammer Nazi on Aug 21, 2011 at 07:02 PM in reply to @ Dang
        So if he had used say, [Female correctional worker]. It would of been okay with you? We all know adding lady to the end of a sentence just isn't grammatically correct right?
          by Resident on Aug 22, 2011 at 11:11 AM in reply to Grammer Nazi
          No Correctional worker lady??? Try Correctional Officer! And making the comment about the other Officers that were on scene conducting firt aid until paramedics arrived that "of course they hopped out and hope they were not the only witnesses'? Yea, Moron would be a good word to describe this individual.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 128102048 - wctv.tv/a?a=128102048