Fatal Crash in Jefferson County

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

A Monticello, Florida woman is killed as her car flies past a stop sign and crashes into the trees.

The Florida Highway Patrol says the accident happened at about 6:45 this morning (1/7/11)as the victim was driving a 2009 Toyota Corolla North on Old Lloyd Road in Jefferson County.

FHP says 40-year-old Pamela Smith was killed when her car ran the stop sign at the intersection with U.S. 90, went airborne and struck some trees.

There's no word on what might have caused the accident. Smith was not wearing a seat belt.

• by Nita n Rafe Location: Panama City on Mar 2, 2012 at 07:29 PM
    She was a good friend, we miss you Pam RIP
  • by Denise Location: Crawfordville on Jan 13, 2011 at 02:32 PM
    I worked with Pamela she was a great mom whom cared very much especially her girls.. You will be missed and May God be with her Family..God Bless you all RIP Pamela
  • by Deanna Location: Panama City on Jan 11, 2011 at 08:27 AM
    Such a terrible accident. If I were Jessica I definatley would check Out the Toyota brake thing. Prayers are with you Jessica
  • by Jessica Location: Monticello on Jan 10, 2011 at 09:14 PM
    This is the daughters of Pamela, she was the most wonderful, giving and caring person you could ever meet. And she loved her dog Nanny just as much as she loved us and she will be greatly missed too! Thank you for all of your comments.
  • by Deanna Location: Panama City. on Jan 8, 2011 at 02:29 PM
    That was my Aunt. My mom's sister. We love and miss her so much, I just got back from Jessica's and Erica's house today. They are heartbroken, but I want them to stay strong. I love them. R.I.P Aunt. Pamela Smith. <3 Forever in our hearts.
  • by pastureisgreenerontheotherside Location: Tallahassee on Jan 8, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    I agree they should look into the possibilities of the Toyota pedal defect. Could she have taken her seatbelt off to jump out because she knew she had a run away car??? May God bless all of her family.
  • by Gotta blame someone Location: with money on Jan 8, 2011 at 07:45 AM
    Who knows...the pedal may have been "stuck" under her foot.
  • by Melissa Location: Panama City on Jan 7, 2011 at 08:56 PM
    Praying for her family. May God Bless All of You!
  • by TallyTrashTalks2 Location: Tallahassee on Jan 7, 2011 at 07:03 PM
    My sympathy to the family of Ms. Smith, especially her two daughters. I do think it would be very wise considering she was driving a Toyota, to have the vehicle throughly inspected for a possible defect, especially if she was familiar with the road she was traveling.
  • by Rick Location: Georgia on Jan 7, 2011 at 02:47 PM
    2009 Toyota Corolla and "they" say the gas pedals don't stick.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 113078864 - wctv.tv/a?a=113078864