Motorcycle Injures Pedestrian in Hit-and-Run, Motorcyclist Sought

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

Suwannee County, Florida - January 3, 2012 - Noon -

The Florida Highway Patrol is requesting the public to contact the FHP Communications Center in Jacksonville at 1-800-387-1290 or the the nearest Crime Stoppers Center, with any information about the driver and or motorcycle involved in this incident.

The motorcycle is described as: black with raised chrome handle bars, with possible damage to the foot peg , fender, exhaust or undercarriage area. The rider of the motorcycle was lasted seen wearing dark clothing and a black helmet.

______________________________

Suwannee County, Florida - January 3, 2012 -

A motorcyclist was traveling north on US 129 when they hit a pedestrian, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. The pedestrian, Connie Denise Harris, was crossing westbound over the northbound lane of US 129. The motorcycle struck the pedestrian and fled the scene traveling north on US 129. The pedestrian's foot was dislocated at the crash scene. Harris was taken to Shands at UF and is listed in serious condition

At this time, it is unknown if the motorcycle continued north on US 129 or began to travel on I-10.

Charges are pending.

• by Deborah Location: Live Oak on Jan 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM
    My prayers go out to Connie. I pray that whoever did this will come forward and fess up. It doesn't matter who hit her or with what, it is a bad thing, and this person needs to take responsibility for the injured.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 4, 2012 at 03:44 PM
    What are two things a Harley Davidson rider will never be caught wearing? A helmet and deodorant.
      by Harley Rider on Jan 6, 2012 at 04:19 PM in reply to Anonymous
      excuse me but I ride a Harley and I wear a helmet and deodorant!! Keep your jokes to yourself!! Karma will get you, there was someone hurt in this accident we don't need your stupid jokes!!
  • by Ediri Viegbesie Location: Tallahassee fl on Jan 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    I really don't believe the comments ppl are posting on here. When did our country start being so insensitive. This is another human being we are talking about. She is flesh and blood and has feelings and thoughts just as you and I do. I work with Ms. Connie and I know for a fact that she was in danger of loosing her life. Why would anyone post comment o a joking matter about this situation. What if that was your sister or daughter or wife or friend. What if that was you? Remember that once it's said you can't take it back and you once it's in the universe karma starts it's process wether good or bad. I ask that you part for Ms. Connie and her family. She is a wonderful person and a hard worker and I pray she had a speedy recovery. I pray her family makes it through this ordeal knowing ppl say things anomously because they are cowards and those who truly mean well are parting for you and we wish you and your family the understanding that only God can provide.
    All o you with ur Harly jokes and your negative comments I hope you are prepared cash karma is a mofo...
  • by lakendra smith Location: tallahassee on Jan 4, 2012 at 08:53 AM
    I was dere an Miss Connie I pray an hope everything is ok she is one of my co-works. Yall people need 2 stop talkin bad bout dis. The person on da motorcycle now if he hit something you have 2 stay until da law come dey know dey wrong for leaving da scene. Keep Miss Connie in your prays dats all you can do. We love you Miss Connie:)
  • by Anonymous on Jan 4, 2012 at 08:29 AM
    not a Harley rider, probably a crouch rocket. laid down on the handle bars it's hard to see anything but the pavement.
      by Anonymous on Jan 4, 2012 at 05:18 PM in reply to
      it wasnt rice bike or a harely more like honda shadow or that type bike it wasnt as a rice bike or harley accelerating not really loud at all
  • by J Location: Lamont on Jan 4, 2012 at 08:03 AM
    I was on a two lane road turning left. There was a truck coming the other way wanting to turn left. He proceedeed and I proceeded. There was a motorcycle behind the other truck turning left. The motorcycle came around the truck on the right hand side and hit my rear quarter panel of my truck. I was written a citation for failure to yield. Also, the cyclists was injured and I lost my license for 3 months in the state of Florida. Also, I had to appear in court and pay a fine and WAS not told I would lose my license. So be very careful driving.
  • by to be announced Location: florida on Jan 3, 2012 at 05:10 PM
    almost Every single comment is negative on here except for a selective few. Just stop and think about what if it was you or your mom or dad??? A injury is a injury whether small or big. Just Pray about her getting better and recovering instead of insinuating about a incident that you dont have all the facts 2. the news obviously doesnt know everything so stop believing it. WE love you Connie!!! Get better soon
  • by Anonymous on Jan 3, 2012 at 03:56 PM
    Probably the work of another nasty tatooed Harley rider. "I can't afford a dentist but I can afford a twenty thousand dollar motorcycle".
      by rider on Jan 4, 2012 at 04:39 AM in reply to Anonymous
      Jealous?????
      by GV on Jan 4, 2012 at 04:55 AM in reply to Anonymous
      Now that was a good one.Thanks for cheering me up.lol
      by harley rider on Jan 4, 2012 at 07:54 AM in reply to Anonymous
      I am not nasty! I have a job, a house, kids! People need to quit being stereotypical! One thing about Harley riders is they are "family" they take of one another where you others will stab each other in the back!!
  • by i was there leaving wallmart going home Location: fl on Jan 3, 2012 at 03:46 PM
    i seen the person lieing in the road.it is a busy road and idiots drive fast there. the only thing that i see the biker done wrong was not stop for whatever the reason was. it was dark and with lights hitting you in the eyes from other cars. you cant see good at night on a bike with passing cars. the person that got hit was not fast enough to cross in time.
  • by Dr. GaGa on Jan 3, 2012 at 03:03 PM
    Although it sounds like an aging dim-wit on a Harley, it probably wasn't since, first, he wore a helmet and second, any witness could have run the Harley down on foot and caught it.
      by teto on Jan 3, 2012 at 04:04 PM in reply to Dr. GaGa
      hey dr.gaga know any good harley jokes?
        by Anonymous on Jan 3, 2012 at 06:59 PM in reply to teto
        What if it was your mother?
          by teto on Jan 3, 2012 at 08:37 PM in reply to
          what has that got to do with harley jokes?
      by Anonymous on Jan 3, 2012 at 05:03 PM in reply to Dr. GaGa
      your idiot
      by rider on Jan 4, 2012 at 04:40 AM in reply to Dr. GaGa
      Catch me if you can!! Bigfoot!!!!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136583793 - wctv.tv/a?a=136583793