Red Light Camera Safety Program to Increase Coverage

By: City of Tallahassee Release
By: City of Tallahassee Release

The City of Tallahassee will expand the Red Light Camera Safety Program next week by activating three cameras at the Capital Circle SE / Apalachee Parkway intersection. On Monday, January 3, at 12 a.m., safety cameras will begin monitoring the northbound, eastbound and westbound approaches of the intersection.

Currently monitored intersections include:

Eastbound Approach
Westbound Approach
Southbound Approach

Apalachee Parkway / Magnolia Drive
Westbound Approach
Southbound Approach

Drivers who run red lights at monitored intersections will be mailed a Notice of Violation with a $158 fine.

• by Laura Location: Tallahassee on Jan 4, 2011 at 09:22 AM
    Just wait until you are the one that Big Brother got on camera! We all err in judgment at sometime or another and, as usual, the govt is waiting right there to pull on your purse strings!! And, there is no fighting back. I can see where this will easily cause safety issues and create more problems for the "people", while "the man" rakes in that money. My suggestion is to drive as safely as possible and avoid those intersections as much as possible. If you must drive through them slow down to 8 mph and be prepared to STOP!!! That light changes real quick like!! And just remember the commissioners who brought this brand of "justice" to our fair city at election time.
  • by Hope on Jan 3, 2011 at 01:34 PM
    @James: I totally agree. If you rear-end someone, it's because you were following too closely. Drivers should always be prepared to stop safely.
  • by James on Jan 3, 2011 at 09:51 AM
    In response to 'Yeah'...I mean come on. I know your joking, but the cameras are not a joke. Rear end crashes are not a result of the cameras, they are a result of people not paying attention to the driver/situation in front of them.
  • by Susan Location: Tallahasse on Dec 31, 2010 at 11:52 AM
    This is great!! Can't wait.
  • by Lenny Location: Tallahassee on Dec 31, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    I think this whole idea is good. all the attention makes people think about their habits behind the wheel.
  • by Anti Location: Tally on Dec 30, 2010 at 06:28 AM
    Well said Sean!
  • by Frank T. Location: FL on Dec 29, 2010 at 11:49 PM
    It is about time. Everytime I see one of these cameras, they remind me that I need to pay more attention to my driving. I am gald to have them out there. Far too often I get distracted by other things, mainly my own thoughts.
  • by win Location: tallahassee on Dec 29, 2010 at 08:52 PM
    I'm glad they're beefing up the program - I'm seeing some different driving on the streets and really think cameras are making a difference.
  • by Anne on Dec 29, 2010 at 04:53 PM
    Glad I know where they all are now. Safe driving everyone!
  • by Jim Location: T on Dec 29, 2010 at 03:48 PM
    Glad they're expanding the coverage. Now more intersections will be safer for drivers.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112560469 - wctv.tv/a?a=112560469