TPD: Crash Leaves Pedestrian in Critical Condition

By: TPD Release
By: TPD Release

Tallahassee, Florida - June 28, 2011 -

Yesterday evening, at approximately 10:30PM, the Tallahassee Police Department responded to the 3700 block of Apalachee Parkway, in reference to a traffic crash involving a pedestrian. Upon arrival officers discovered a vehicle was traveling east bound on Apalachee Parkway. The driver of the vehicle advised a pedestrian appeared without notice and was struck. The pedestrian was transported to the Tallahassee Memorial Hospital and remains in critical condition.

The traffic crash investigation continues at this time so details are limited.

• by Anonymous Location: tallahassee on Jun 28, 2011 at 03:18 PM
    It is APALACHEE. I see that all you folks have a tough time spelling. It isn't just you!! WOW you guys suck.
  • by Is Tallahasse in the USA? on Jun 28, 2011 at 01:48 PM
    What scares me here (besides some of our local drivers, not necessarily this one) is the grammar used by the reporter, especially if he/she supposedly speaks English as a first language. The driver surely did not "advise" anyone, and it's not clear whether the driver or the pedestrian or both needed some advice to avoid this tragedy. Clearly the driver did not see the pedestrian, but it's not clear whether the driver failed to notice him or the pedestrian suddenly crossed in front of the car, but surely no formal notice need be filed!
      by Worker on Jun 28, 2011 at 03:45 PM in reply to Is Tallahasse in the USA?
      What scares me is you have so much time on your hand to write on the blog when you should be working. Do you have a job?
      by Is English YOUR first language? on Jun 28, 2011 at 07:30 PM in reply to Is Tallahasse in the USA?
      Actually, while the article is poorly written and could certainly be more concise, the driver probably "advised" the reporting officer on scene about the situation. It is police speak for "being informed". "The driver of the vehicle advised (the reporting LEO at the scene that) a pedestrian appeared without notice and was struck. "Advised" is a real word and is completely different from "Advice".
  • by just me Location: Tallahassee on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    not being rude to anyone I was there last night I was in the car behind the SUV that hit the man, I run over the pedestrians shoe! There was alot more than your what you think, thats why it says "still under investigation". The driver was not in the wrong the man run into traffic. I am the one that called 911 and tried to console his girlfriend and child. Before you judge on something you know nothing about get the facts please.
      by Just you on Jun 28, 2011 at 03:55 PM in reply to just me
      The only valid point I read in your rant was you owe the man a shoe.
        by Just you on Jun 28, 2011 at 06:19 PM in reply to Just you
        Wow, you must have issues. A man gets hit by a car and you run over his shoes then stand around gawking. Maybe next time you could just throw some gasoline on his open wounds or something or roll down your window, point and start laughing at him. Do you see a psychiatrist?
  • by almost Location: roadway on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    pensacola right before appleyard is like playing frogger people always waiting in turn lanes waiting to jump across i saw a lady pushing a baby almost get it in the turn lane
  • by Anonymous on Jun 28, 2011 at 10:38 AM
    watch david letterman use some of these comments on his show..............
  • by melissa Location: wakulla on Jun 28, 2011 at 10:21 AM
    ok so if pple would wear a light color out fit then they wouldnt blind in come on be smarter then what ur working with WEAR LIGHT BRIGHT COLORS not black do i need to spell it out for you?
      by Anonymous on Jun 28, 2011 at 01:12 PM in reply to melissa
      No, it looks like your having a hard time with your spelling already.
        by Anonymous on Jun 28, 2011 at 06:28 PM in reply to
        LMAO
      by Crazy Melissa on Jun 28, 2011 at 06:27 PM in reply to melissa
      We get it. You like bright colors and like I rant in long, long sentences without using periods. You must be Bipolar. Have you thought about seeing a psychiatrist?
  • by Just me on Jun 28, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    Message to Brad-Did you ever have the thought that they might have possible all been in the area and heard the call and came. God bless every one of them. Message to Anonymous - YES WITHOUT NOTICE! I am sorry, apparently you are one of the few that ALWAYS crosses at the crosswalk and signals before you do. Both of you need to get a life.
      by Brad on Jun 28, 2011 at 01:12 PM in reply to Just me
  • by Pedestrians Be Careful Location: Tally on Jun 28, 2011 at 09:18 AM
    I drive Apalachee Parkway & St. Augustine Road frequently late evenings. I see people walking just off the road or on the white line wearing dark clothing most weekend nights. I suppose they have the right to get where they need to go safely, but you are almost invisible to drivers and that is an accident waiting to happen. That pedestrian is lucky to even be alive. ditto on the speedy recovery.
  • by pkwy anonymous Location: the parkway on Jun 28, 2011 at 09:11 AM
    I live off the parkway and I have has 4 times that I have almost hit people crossing the pkwy at night... And it is near impossible to see them due to poor/no street lighting. Yes I agree some of these people are idiots trying to cross the pkwy at night, plus never at a cross walk and it is near impossible to see them but street lights from capital to Conor would alleviate a lot of this.. I think the city/county should put up some lights out there..
      by Anonymous on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:07 PM in reply to pkwy anonymous
      it would costs millions to put up lights out there. at least they are fixing/installing side walks in town on appalachee. that's a start. Still can't fix stupid (people jaywalking at night in dark clothes).
      by Brer Fox on Jun 28, 2011 at 03:51 PM in reply to pkwy anonymous
      "I have has 4 times that I have almost hit people crossing the pkwy at night." Have you ever thought about repeating 7th grade English? I suggest "it is near impossible to see" because your eyes are rolled up in the back of your head. Maybe you would be a better driver if you put down the vodka bottle.
  • by brad Location: tallahassee on Jun 28, 2011 at 08:40 AM
    gee.. close eastbound appalachee pkwy and have 7 police cars dispatched for one hit pedestrian??? god this town is a joke. if idiots would wear reflectors and not all dark clothes on a road with no lighting... and MAYBE if the idiots in town would actually pay attention to the road while driving.. this sort of thing wouldnt happen.
      by Terri on Jun 28, 2011 at 10:55 AM in reply to brad
      @Brad - don't you think we have enough smart aleck remarks from sanctimonious people like you who never make mistakes? Constantly criticizing others is what people do when they are unsure of themselves and if you noticed that is what the majority of the people in these comments do everyday....criticize others. I read this and my thought is, "...but for the grace of God go I." I could be the pedestrian.....I could be the driver. It would absolutely devastate me to hit someone. I am sure the only reason this pedestrian is hanging on by a thread is because of the common decency of this driver to stay at the scene. He/She is probably devastated as well.
        by Brer Skunk on Jun 28, 2011 at 03:53 PM in reply to Terri
        You said "don't you think we have enough smart aleck remarks...." The answer you're searching for is "no." Were you sober when you wrote this rant?
      by OneMoreThing on Jun 28, 2011 at 03:43 PM in reply to brad
      Amen....
      by common sense on Jun 28, 2011 at 04:40 PM in reply to brad
      the reason there were 7 police cars is because initially there was some issue as to the exact location of the incident due to information that was getting into dispatch. Also because of the severity of the victim's injuries the road needed to be shut down for a homicide investigation. It is kinda hard to work an investigation safely if there are still cars driving through the crime scene area. The more cars with flashing lights means more personnel to secure the scene. How about you think a little before commenting.
        by Brer Skunk on Jun 28, 2011 at 06:40 PM in reply to common sense
        There were 7 police cars because Krispy Kreme is just a block away. The lesson to be learned here is if you are going to be hit by a car and want help from the police, jaywalk in front of a doughnut store.
          by Anonymous on Jun 28, 2011 at 08:40 PM in reply to Brer Skunk
          I believe this accident happened south of WalMart in front of the bank...Is there a Krispy Kreme out there? I thought the closest one was on Park & Magnolia. All the same, I hope that the person will be OK.
          by Brer Skunk on Jun 28, 2011 at 09:29 PM in reply to Brer Skunk
          Rest assured if there were 7 police cars on the scene there was a doughnut to be found somewhere nearby.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 124644524 - wctv.tv/a?a=124644524