Tallahassee Traffic Crash Results in Fatality

By: TPD Release
By: TPD Release

Tallahassee, Florida - April 14, 2011 -

Yesterday, at approximately 12:16PM, the Tallahassee Police Department responded to Bradford Road and Greenwood Drive, in reference to a traffic crash with injuries. Upon arrival, officers determined a vehicle traveling south on Greenwood Drive ran the stop sign and crossed the path of a vehicle travelling east on Bradford Road. The force of the impact pushed the southbound vehicle into the roadside ditch. A passenger in that vehicle was transported to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital due to critical injuries.

Last night, just after 7:00PM, the passenger, identified as 52 year-old James Bryant Houck succumbed to his injuries.
_______________________________________________________
(UPDATE) April 15, 2011

Hock's mother says, she was driving the vehicle at the time and ran a stop sign... Sending their car into another vehicle before coming to a rest in a ditch.

Hock's sister Belida McLeod says," You know when I needed him and we got older, he was always there for me, he was a good brother.

Hock's mother Janie Houck says," He was a good son and helpful to people that needed help from him."

Hock's mother says, her son has already been cremated. A memorial is planned for April 30th in Monticello.

He is survived by his estranged wife Mary and sons Jamie and John.

• by andrea Location: tallahassee on Jul 19, 2011 at 04:39 PM
    My husband was the driver of the SUV and was very upset over this accident. It was prroved thru TPD homicide unit that it was not his fault, he was not speeding. It was an unforunate accident and my heart goeas out to this family for there loss.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 15, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    Yes I understand that... But there is a hill right there that people fly over...That's how I was hit!!!!
  • by TJ on Apr 15, 2011 at 07:23 AM
    Stop signs and red lights are too often ignored in this city. These are the unfortunate and sad consequences.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 14, 2011 at 06:12 PM
    Did either of you even read what happened. Someone on the side street (not Bradford) ran a stop sign. It had nothing to to do with speeding on Bradford.
  • by Estaban on Apr 14, 2011 at 02:55 PM
    Common sense should be used by drivers more often, traffic does go way too fast on that section of Bradford.
  • by Resident on Apr 14, 2011 at 01:12 PM
    I used to live right there...very dangerous road. I too was hit from behind waiting to turn. The city needs to do something to slow down traffic on Bradford. My prays are with the family.
      by DORIS on Apr 14, 2011 at 06:34 PM in reply to Resident
      This so sad.My prayers are with the family. Can anyone tell me is this the James that used to go to school in Monticello?
        by related to the Cone's on Apr 15, 2011 at 12:24 PM in reply to DORIS
        We called him Jimmy...he lived out on north 221 while I was a youngin'...We believe he could have went to school in Monticello. Long time ago...
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119862684 - wctv.tv/a?a=119862684