Two Cars Collide in Wakulla County

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

Crawfordville, Florida - November 2, 2011 -

The full accident report is attached above.

Two cars collided last night in Wakulla County and one driver's medical condition might be to blame.

The Florida Highway Patrol says 67-year-old Frances Debish was headed north on Highway 319 near Mike Stewart Drive when her car rear-ended the vehicle in front of her.

Debish's car overturned onto the passenger side.
The Crawfordville woman was seriously injured and taken to Tallahassee Memorial.

The other driver was not hurt.

Troopers say Debish had a possible medical condition that caused her to black out just before the crash.

• by Sunshine Location: Crawfordville on Nov 3, 2011 at 05:44 AM
    It is amazing the cruelty and insensitivity you find in these forums. Accidents happen and it's amazing that people can be so cold and selfish. Thank goodness Daddy and baby are fine..Prayers for Ms.Debish and both families involved.
  • by Sharla Location: Crawfordville on Nov 3, 2011 at 05:16 AM
    we are very thankful that that everyone is ok. We have prayed for the woman that was hurt. @ me: I did not threaten anyone! And its threaten not threathen! When any child is injured that is a major issue. When my grandfather got ill, he did stop driving so he did not put anyone in harms way! I am not scared to put a fake name, so why is it ignorant (not ignorate) to write my name?
  • by Steve Location: Not in Marietta on Nov 3, 2011 at 01:05 AM
    A seizure occurrs when the brain is 'short circuited.' That could be from other stimulus, than that of sugar or even an allergic reaction to any number of conditions or products(prescription). Many times these things end very badly, much worse than this. Just be thankful it did not.
  • by sharla Location: crawfordville on Nov 2, 2011 at 08:02 PM
    She is a diabetic, she should have not been driving! It was a known condition. Did you see the cars? Everyone said my family was very lucky. And why is it ignorate to post my name? Im not scared to say what I feel. Freedom of speech! When my Grandfather got sick, he did stop driving for reasons like this. I feel sorry for the older lady, but her blood sugar was so low is she wasnt going to tend to her condition properly, then she shouldnt be driving! Enough said!
  • by me Location: tallahassee on Nov 2, 2011 at 07:04 PM
    To sharla: it clearly states this was an accident caused by a medical condition of an older person driving. This could have been your grandparent driving without any known medical problems. So quick to judge because it was your "family." And scratch the "if" your neice was hurt. Come on "if" isn't what happened and its quite ignorate to comment with your name listed! Duh accidents happen and to threathen this poor person with "their (its there) would be major issues!" Sounds like you had forgot how to SHUT IT lady!
  • by Sharla Location: Crawfordville on Nov 2, 2011 at 01:01 PM
    The woman should NOT have been driving! That was my family in the other car and if my 3 year old niece would have been hurt in any way their would be some major issues!
  • by justsayin on Nov 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    diabetes can cause blackouts. do you propose everyone with diabetes stop driving...........NO? I didn't think so. I think people with cell phones stuck to their heads while driving should be pulled over, taken off the road, and their driver's license revoked.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 2, 2011 at 11:56 AM
    Maybe you, bob & Gman, "dumbdudeites", regardless of your hair color, should stop driving, you could be next! The report says nothing about a "previously diagnosed" medical condition, it says a "medical condition". She could have had a sudden heart attack, a stroke or any number of conditions that caused her to suddenly black out!
  • by Anonymous on Nov 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    You guys are so ridiculous....you only post the comments that you want to. I posted saying that someone who calls someone dumb is the idiot and my comment doesn't make it up...but you allow the person that calls the victim an dummie to be posted. You guys are STUPID!! Yea I said it!
  • by sherry Location: crawfordville on Nov 2, 2011 at 10:13 AM
    check your facts before you post comments, if you don't know the whole story, or the person.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 133064208 - wctv.tv/a?a=133064208