[UPDATE] Three Children Seriously Injured in I-10 Crash Near MM167

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

UPDATED

A ten year old girl was thrown from an SUV in a crash on I-10 this morning.

The Florida Highway Patrol says the driver lost control near the Chattahoochee exit in Gadsen County.

Troopers say the westbound SUV crossed the median, overturned several times and wound up on the shoulder on other side of the highway.

Crash reports say a woman and three children from Fort Pierce were inside.

FHP says a ten year old was ejected and critically injured. The 17 year old driver was also critically hurt and the others had serious injuries.

*** NOTE: FHP Accident Report attached ***

-------------------------------------------------

Gadsden County, Florida - June 5, 2012 - 3:30pm -

Around 9:50am on June 5th, a Ford Explorer driven by Alexis Aguilar, 17, was heading down the inside lane of westbound I-10 around 167 mile marker when, for unknown reasons, the vehicle traveled south off the roadway and into the median.

The Explorer overturned multiple times while traveling through the median, continued traveling southwest across the median,
both eastbound lanes of I-10 and onto the south shoulder. The Explorer came to final rest facing southeast on the south shoulder of I-10.

Due to the seriousness of the injuries, the eastbound lanes of I-10 were closed for a short time to administer first aid to the occupants.

FHP was assisted by Gadsden County SO, Gadsden County EMS/ Fire Rescue, and Life Flight, the scene was cleared without any major issues.

Three other passengers were in the vehicle at the time of the accident.

Maricela Cardenas Cendeja, 39, and Jesus Aguilar, 14, are listed as in serious condition at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital while Alexis Aguilar, 17, and Dayana Aguilar, 10, are listed in critical condition. All of them are from Fort Pierce, Florida.

FHP had originally stated that two people were ejected from the vehicle, but now troopers are saying only one person was ejected.

The full FHP report can be found in PDF format above.

_____________________________

Gadsden County, Florida - June 5, 2012 - 12:22pm -

The Florida Highway Patrol reports that the east bound lane around Mile Marker 167 is now open, but the west bound lane in that area is now closed.

____________

Gadsden County, Florida - June 5, 2012 - Noon -

At least two people were thrown from a vehicle in a crash on I-10 near mile marker 167 east bound. FHP troopers shut down both east bound lanes around 11:30am for a possible homicide investigation. At that time, none of the four occupants had died. Troopers say the driver of that vehicle lost control of the while driving east and crashed into the wood line. They say they received the call at 9:53 this morning.

We'll bring you more information as the story develops.

• by That person on Jun 8, 2012 at 04:19 PM
    Wow really people?!?!? Those "illegals" as you say are not illegal they are in my family! How can you be so immature to think of that first!?!?! Honestly your lucky it was someone in your family because I'm sure youd be crying or worrying about their well being! Why is it that you all have to be so negative towards a situation so horrid? He was yes a teenager but it wasn't his fault for the accident think about how someone tried cutting him in th lane. Think about what that stupid person was doing probably texting or falling asleep on the wheel! Yes they were going to Mexico not doing anything bad! Not all Mexicans are illegal or bad! And for "perfect driver" your not a perfect driver there is no such thing as perfect!!!! Stop being so cruel and heartless and think about it because I'm sure you wouldn't like people wishing bad on your family! We mexicans are human tooooo!!!!! And to those who actually care thank god they are doing good. My aunt and cousin are out of the hospital and the other two are in recovery for the best
  • by vivian morales Location: ft.pierce fl. on Jun 7, 2012 at 01:48 PM
    my prayers goes out to this family for a speedy recovery..the 14 yr. old young boy is a friendof my granddaughter angel..my heart goes out to this family..
  • by Pray For Them on Jun 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    If a stupid driver wouldn't of been moving into Alex's lane he would've never lost control of the expedition and they'd all be okay. Don't blame anything on Alex without knowing what happened. They don't need your bad comments, they need the prayers and good wishes of the people that actually have a heart! I wish them a fast recovery, I want to see Alex dancing and having a good time like I'd always see him. God Help Them<3
  • by Get Out of Here on Jun 7, 2012 at 06:01 AM
    To everyone posting hateful, rude, and ignorant comments I know that if these people were your relatives or friends you wouldn't have that disgusting attitude that you have now. These people are fighting for their lives, they have family and friends that love them and are praying for them right now. And to everyone who really cares about this family's recovery and well-being I have to THANK YOU for giving the support that this family really needs. There's no need for the rude comments. Didn't your mothers ever teach you that if you dont have anything nice to say then don't say it at all? I really care about this family, I've known Alex for about 5 years now and he's a great guy. All I wish for them is a fast full recovery and that they come back home SOON.. Please keep them in your prayers <3 & Keep your rude comments to yourself.
  • by White woman Location: married 2 mexican on Jun 7, 2012 at 12:04 AM
    First off, I pray these people are ok. Second off, medicaid? Illegal? etc??? Hispanic ppl do not go to the doctors as much as Americans do. So, how are you paying for their medicaid? Third, these children could have been born here in the USA they aren't that old. FOURTH, our ancestors all came here from another place, so why are they so bad?? Why down ppl who are trying to help themselves and their children have better lives and MOST of them work and PAY TAXES and do not file INCOME TAX so quit lying about paying their stuff cuz they are illegal!!! Grow up! Sorry to made a fuss, but I am tired of the talk about illegals and how everything turns into a racial thing instead of what it truely is! GOD BLESS YOU. I PRAY YOU ALL PULL THROUGH
  • by tony Location: fl on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM
    17 with 3 children?
      by G on Jun 7, 2012 at 02:50 PM in reply to tony
      The two other kids are Alex's (17) brother and sister.
  • by j Location: tallahassee on Jun 6, 2012 at 06:24 PM
    Why is Larry Campbell allowing FHP to investigate accidents in Gadsden County?
      by Anonymous on Jun 7, 2012 at 05:08 AM in reply to j
      you're kidding right?
      by Anonymous on Jun 7, 2012 at 06:02 AM in reply to j
      HUH? What does Larry Campbell have to do with anything? FHP always investigates accidents on I-10.
      by Donna on Jun 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM in reply to j
      Since Larry Campbell is the Leon County Sheriff, he probably wasn't involved at all. Gadsden County is where this occurred & since it was on the Interstate, FHP generally patrols that more so than County Deputies.
  • by Really? Location: Tally on Jun 6, 2012 at 01:54 PM
    To the person behind the screen name "God" and one of the "Anon's" - please do us all a favor and get a life and stop blogging on here just to be hateful and stir up stuff. Your comments are so horrible and negative. The REAL "God" forgives - will you ask him to fogive you today? Truthfully - this family needs our prayers and love and support right now. How would you feel if this happend to your family.
      by G on Jun 7, 2012 at 10:25 AM in reply to Really?
      AMEN
      by God on Jun 7, 2012 at 02:40 PM in reply to Really?
      Thanks, but I already knew someone was impersonating me. I will sentence that person to burn for all eternity. The Bible (your book of myths and silly rules) tells you to forgive others as well. Forgive that person, or you will have sinned. Sin is sin. Since I somehow know everything there is to know, I know that the person who impersonated me did have this happen to a person extremely close to them. I also know that there is no proof of my existence, and nothing to be disproved. Thus, my existence is scientifically false and as of now, impossible. Your prayers don't do anything, I already have a plan for everyone. That makes sense, right? By the way, I'm running a little low on money.
  • by julie Location: fl. on Jun 6, 2012 at 01:47 PM
    ONE LESS BAD driver in my way. i always blow the horn to let them know i care.
  • by G Location: Ft. Pierce on Jun 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    People here saying it was Alex's fault and that parents should teacher their kids how to drive properly need to shut up. You don't know the situation this could've been cause by another driver. I know Alex and he isn't an irresponsible driver. Someone cut in his lane causing him to lose control of the car. Know your facts before you go on making stupid comments. My prayers go out to my friend Alex & his family<3 Everyone is worried sick but we have faith that they'll pull through and soon be back home.
      by Jones on Jun 6, 2012 at 04:20 PM in reply to G
      It doesn't matter because the kid was deriving regardless of what/how it happened. The teenager lacked the practical driving experience to survive the crash.
        by G on Jun 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM in reply to Jones
        All that really matters right now is that they recover. Put yourself in the spot of us his friends or of their family members. You'll see the pain we're all going through. I'm sure you could care less but I care alot about them. If you really don't have any kind words to say or support to show then I really wish people with negative comments would just stop and keep their harsh words to themselves.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 157238885 - wctv.tv/a?a=157238885