[UPDATE] Vehicle Crashes Into Two Tallahassee Homes - SLIDE SHOW

Tallahassee, Florida - April 20, 2011 - 6:50pm

An SUV crashes into one home -- and then crashes again and ends up sticking out of the home right next to it.

It was like an automotive pinball.

A Ford Explorer hit this house, then bounced over next door and crashed into this house.

Austin Figari says if he would've been sitting at his home computer.

"I would be dead." Figari said.

Police say the driver of the SUV crashed into Figari's bedroom at 2258 Holton Street in Tallahassee just before 12:30 Wednesday afternoon.

Figari said, "Makes me glad I was in class. Hopefully, I would've heard it if I was sitting there and got out of the way. But, God knows. It's a close, close call."

Figari's next door neighbor, Anthony Dillion, says a Tallahassee police officer came to his job and told him the condition of his home.

Dillion said, "I thought he was just kidding. He was like, 'I'm for real. There's a car sitting in your living area.'"

Dillion says the officer had to show him a cell phone picture as proof.

But, when he rushed home, Dillion saw it with his own eyes--an SUV sticking out of his house.

Dillion said, "Angry. My wife could've gotten hurt because she spent most of her time in the master bedroom. The actual whole bathroom is pushed in from the master bedroom."

Both men say it's upsetting to see the damage, but say they're thankful it was only done to their homes.

We're told the driver of the SUV was taken to the hospital.

Police have not released any other details surrounding the crash at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tallahassee, Florida - April 20, 2011 1:18pm -

Slide show is attached above. Click on "Photos" tab above.

A car crashes into two houses on Holton Street, according to Derek Friend with the Tallahassee Police Department. It happened on the 2200 block of Holton Street at around 12:25pm. A car crashed into two homes, but no significant injuries have been reported. The driver only suffered minor injuries. TPD is still on the scene.

Eyewitness News has a reporter headed to the scene. Stay with WCTV for updates.

• by Anonymous on Apr 21, 2011 at 03:09 PM
    I know the people who lived in those houses. I think God that they are okay regardless of what anyone else thinks.
  • by Frances Location: Tallahassee on Apr 21, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    Strange that there is no mention of the driver - their condition as a result of the accident, what may have caused it etc. Wonder if it was some sort of crime?
  • by Mo Location: Tally on Apr 20, 2011 at 06:56 PM
    I guess someone disagreed with the road design, and decided to do something about it. The way most people drive in this town, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more... oh wait, it does, except usually it is a pedestrian, bicyclist, or another car. Someone just forgot the hitting standards in Tallahassee.
  • by Lip Cheese on Apr 20, 2011 at 05:01 PM
    They should crash a bomb into this area, nothing but drugs, gangs, violence, and now awful drivers.
      by HoneySuckle on Apr 20, 2011 at 06:51 PM in reply to Lip Cheese
      Evidently you have no clue about the houses in this area. The two houses that were damaged are nice houses - probably better than the one your racist but lives in. No neighborhood in this town is immune to crime or bad drivers. Click on the felon arrests for April 19 and see how many non-black criminals are on there. How about super-gluing your lips idiot.
  • by i wasn't dwinking Location: oops on Apr 20, 2011 at 02:59 PM
    it's ok mister ossifer i have geico insuance
  • by Anonymous on Apr 20, 2011 at 02:29 PM
    Dude, this isn’t where I parked my car.
  • by Kathy on Apr 20, 2011 at 01:26 PM
    COMMENTS SUCH AS THIS SHOULD BE KEPT INSIDE YOUR SIMPLE MIND. FYI, there are many nice homes located on Holton St. May be you should drive by sometimes instead of making stupid comments. Posted by: NATTY BIMBO Location: Tally on Apr 20, 2011 at 02:12 PM Damage to houses on Holton Street? How can you tell?
  • by Rattlesnake Location: Tallahassle on Apr 20, 2011 at 12:29 PM
    Wow, an SUV crashes into two separate homes and nothing was mentioned about the DRIVER... No photos or even a description of the DRIVER. Guess the SUV drove ITSELF...
  • by Natty Bumpo Location: Tally on Apr 20, 2011 at 11:12 AM
    Damage to houses on Holton Street? How can you tell?
  • by me on Apr 20, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    how fast do you have to be going to go thru 2 homes and right near a school.
      by me2 on Apr 20, 2011 at 11:04 AM in reply to me
      I would think pretty fast. At least all the kids should have been IN school, not coming or going.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120291404 - wctv.tv/a?a=120291404