Vehicle Flips on I-10 Near Madison - SLIDESHOW

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

Car Flips After Woman Falls Asleep at the Wheel
by Garin Flowers

Madison County, FL -- March 26, 2012 --

A woman fell asleep behind the wheel and flipped her car on Interstate 10.

It happened just after noon Monday.

The woman told us she was traveling from Avon Park and felt sleepy.

Her BMW swerved and flipped on its side in Madison County between mile marker 234 and the 241 exit ramp.

She was not hurt. Troopers say no other cars were hit and about a dozen people pulled over to help.

"Just being a good person you know," said Dheeraj Manocha, who pulled over to help.

"I'm really hoping if anything were to happen to me like that there would be other people stopping for us too."

Witnesses said the woman was mostly able to climb out of her car by herself.

She also had a cat in the car, it walked away too.

-------------------------

Madison County, Florida - March 26, 2012 -

A BMW overturned on I-10 around 12:18pm on March 26. One person was in the car, but she is doing fine. No injuries have been reported. The Florida Highway Patrol and a deputy from the Madison County Sheriff's Office responded to the scene.

Eyewitness News has a reporter on the scene.

• by Yawn.... on Mar 27, 2012 at 06:03 AM
    Must really be a slow news day.
  • by JJ Location: Tallahassee on Mar 26, 2012 at 07:27 PM
    What to coincidence… I saw a blond lady in similar color and model BMW at 12:35 PM going from Mahan Dr. to EB I-10. If it is the same car, then time and Avon Park are incorrect…
  • by Dr. Ga Ga on Mar 26, 2012 at 01:31 PM
    BTW, this would be an opportune time to get those CV joint boots looked at.
      by happy on Mar 26, 2012 at 08:42 PM in reply to Dr. Ga Ga
      that I don't have to waste ink on your comments. Just a few seconds of typing. That car has no CV joints....
        by Dr. Ga Ga on Mar 27, 2012 at 06:30 AM in reply to happy
        Then they are obviously OK.
  • by Dr. Ga Ga on Mar 26, 2012 at 01:17 PM
    Well I hope she's OK, cuz I'm kinda fond of day lillies myself.
  • by Dale Location: Tallahassee on Mar 26, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    I drove by this car probably a minute after it happened. I also saw this car drive by me a few minutes earlier at over 90 MPH. Lucky the driver is alive, but next time you might want to slow your self down.
  • by Oracle Location: Delphi on Mar 26, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    "Well, officer, I was only going about 90 and I couldn't get my makeup just right, then Jan called and told me I needed to text Okeesha and remind her to bring the shrimp to the party tonight. I finished the call and started my text and the next thing I knew I was upside down in this ditch. I have no idea how it happened!"
      by Tom on Mar 26, 2012 at 03:00 PM in reply to Oracle
      "I'm gonna sue BMW! Gotta be good for a few grand at least."
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 144236925 - wctv.tv/a?a=144236925