Crist, Obama Compete for Mr. Popular

By: Matt Roush Email
By: Matt Roush Email
Polls show President Barrack Obama and Governor Charlie Crist are neck and neck in a popularity contest.

President Barack Obama is introduced by Florida Gov. Charlie Crist at a town hall style meeting about the economy, Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2009, at Harborside Event Center in Fort Myers, Fla. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak)

According to a Quinnipiac Poll released today, 64 percent of Florida voters says Obama is doing a good job while 67 percent approve of the job Crist is doing.

The stimulus package isn’t as popular. Only 51 percent of Floridians think it will have a positive impact on the state’s economy. Quinnipiac Pollster Peter Brown says the other 49 percent saying the government needs the money more than they do.

“They are much more pessimistic about the state and national economy than they are about their own wallets and their own pocket books. More than 9 in 10 Floridian classified the state and national economy as not so good, but only slightly more than have say they would classify their own finances that way,” said Brown.

60 percent of Floridians polled say they don’t think the stimulus package will help their finances.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 39874922 -
Gray Television, Inc.