Gadsden County Election Results

Gene Morgan DEM 2,387 votes
Darrell Williams NPA 883 votes

County Commissioner District 5:
Sherrie D. Taylor DEM 3,413 votes
Regimond Bouie NPA 591 votes

• by Upset on Nov 4, 2010 at 04:35 AM
    To Simmons Supporter: I am not a hater. What I am is a concerned tax payer and parent. The residents in this county pay OUR tax dollars to make sure that our kids are getting the best education they can. We need someone who will fight to see that happen. He has been in office for a while now and I still don't feel that he has held up to his promises that he was issuing out when he was visiting churches and lying to people. A hater, no never that, what you should be concerned about is the reason people keep electing those who are not helping the county. You can support him, because you are entitled to your opinion but don't hate on me because I am also entitled to mine. Gadsden County needs to wake up!!! Change is good and new ideas to better our kids education won't hurt them it will help them. Focus on the issues at hand and not on whether or not someone is hating. Grow up!!!!!
  • by Simmons supporter on Nov 3, 2010 at 08:08 PM
    to upset: u probably dont understand the duties of his position nor know what he issues he pushes or his agenda u sound like a hater parents are just as much as responsible for their kids eductaion as the teachers do ur homework hater.. Go Issac Simmons!
  • by jkg Location: Quincy, Fl on Nov 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    Hey Angela check your reading before you write.......Most of the taxes being paid are by folks that don't even send their kids to the sorry schools in Gadsden County or would they even feel safe to send them there!
  • by Upset on Nov 3, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    I don't understand how the people of Gadsden County would continue to elect someone who is not helping our kids. He was one of those who voted to shut down Chattahoochee High. What has he accomplished by being in office? Change is good, new people, new ideas. I'm just saying, I don't see anything that he has done in Gadsden County other than continue to get a fat check! Gadsden County needs to wake up and get out of this buddy system they have going because it's only hurting the kids of our future.
  • by Gadsden Location: Guy on Nov 3, 2010 at 08:30 AM
    Angela, I didn't say nor would I ever agree that only land owners be the only people that could vote. What I said was its not fair that people that don't contribute ( Nonland owners) get to deside if land owner get to pay more taxes on my property. Schools are the responsability of the ENTIRE community to support. Make everyone chip in to help pay for them is all I am saying. I have no problem paying my part, But I am paying for my part and 50 others aint cool! So please check yourself!
  • by Angela Location: Quincy on Nov 3, 2010 at 06:56 AM
    I own property and I don't begrudge a dime of it being spent to improve our schools. Now you want to take away someone’s right to vote. Being a LANDOWNER does not entitle you to make all of the decisions. Check Yourself First!!!
  • by Gadsden Location: Guy on Nov 3, 2010 at 05:01 AM
    How is it fair that people that don't own property get to vote on taxes on people that do own property!!! This is a travisty and completely unfair!!!! How about a sales tax so even the crack heads get to pay a little for their kids education. Or at least the very least make EVERYONE that owns property actually pay a something, Half the land owners don't pay anything thanks to save our homes!!!!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 104948959 - wctv.tv/a?a=104948959