|Roy Wayne Vickers
FACED WITH TOUGH BUDGET CHOICES IN THE COMING YEARS, AS COMMISSIONER, WOULD YOU BE MORE IN FAVOR OF CUTTING SERVICES OR SECURING ADDITIONAL REVENUE TO BALANCE BUDGETS?
With falling property values, it may be necessary to cut unnecessary services - because we can't continue to raise taxes on an already overtaxed community.
PLEASE RANK THE FOLLOWING SERVICES IN ORDER OF YOUR GREATEST TO LEAST SUPPORT:
• #1 - offering economic development incentives
• #2 - supporting services for homeless
• #3 - adequately staffing new and expanded libraries
• #4 - operating County Parks and Recreation programs
• #5 - improving storm water and flood control infrastructure
• #6 - supporting arts and cultural activities
• #7 - expanding public transportation & safer pedestrian and bicycle corridors
PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR FIRST AND LAST CHOICES. HOW WILL FUNDING YOUR SERVICE PRIORITIES AFFECT TAX RATES IN THE SHORT AND LONG TERM?
#1: Offering economic development incentives , to try and bring new industries to Madison county to offer new jobs and to help take some of the tax burden off the home owners.
#2-In this time of high unemployment, what are the most important things that should be done to improve Madison County’s economy?
IN THIS TIME OF HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT, WHAT ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS THAT SHOULD BE DONE TO IMPROVE MADISON COUNTY’S ECONOMY?
To try and entice new industry to come into the county.
IF ELECTED, HOW DO YOU PLAN TO USE YOUR POSITION TO IMPROVE THE LIVES OF CITIZENS?
To continue to try to help and support the people of this county and be the answer to their call for assistance when they need it most.
CATHERINE MURPHY DID NOT RESPOND TO WCTV’S REQUEST FOR A CANDIDATE PROFILE