FACED WITH TOUGH BUDGET CHOICES IN THE COMING YEARS, AS COMMISSIONER, WOULD YOU BE MORE IN FAVOR OF CUTTING SERVICES OR SECURING ADDITIONAL REVENUE TO BALANCE BUDGETS? PLEASE RANK THE FOLLOWING SERVICES IN ORDER OF YOUR GREATEST TO LEAST SUPPORT:
• #1 - offering economic development incentives (This would encourage growth & create jobs)
• #2 – operating County Parks and Recreation programs
• #3 – improving storm water and flood control infrastructure
• #4 - expanding public transportation & safer pedestrian and bicycle corridors
• #5 - supporting services for homeless
• #6 - adequately staffing new and expanded libraries (In favor of securing additional revenue, but don't burden taxpayers)
• #7 - supporting arts and cultural activities (We have programs in place to insure them a bright future)
PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR FIRST AND LAST CHOICES. HOW WILL FUNDING YOUR SERVICE PRIORITIES AFFECT TAX RATES IN THE SHORT AND LONG TERM?
Should not be a burden on taxpayers.
IN THIS TIME OF HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT, WHAT ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS THAT SHOULD BE DONE TO IMPROVE JEFFERSON COUNTY’S ECONOMY?
Seek grants & stimulus funds also more aggressive lobbing for economic development.
How do you balance attempts to turn Jefferson County into a waterfront tourist destination with preservation of its natural resources?
Aggressively conduct studies & research, keep the community informed & involved. Take an approach that benefits the entire community. Local leaders take the lead.
GEORGE EVANS DID NOT RESPOND TO WCTV’S REQUEST FOR A CANDIDATE PROFILE