FACED WITH TOUGH BUDGET CHOICES IN THE COMING YEARS, AS COMMISSIONER, WOULD YOU BE MORE IN FAVOR OF CUTTING SERVICES OR SECURING ADDITIONAL REVENUE TO BALANCE BUDGETS?
Securing additional revenue to balance budgets.
PLEASE RANK THE FOLLOWING SERVICES IN ORDER OF YOUR GREATEST TO LEAST SUPPORT:
1) Offering economic development incentives
2) Improving storm water and flood control infrastructure
3) Expanding public transportation & safer pedestrian and bicycle corridors
4) Supporting services for homeless
5) Supporting arts and cultural activities
6) Operating County Parks and Recreation programs
7) Adequately staffing new and expanded libraries
PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR FIRST AND LAST CHOICES. HOW WILL FUNDING YOUR SERVICE PRIORITIES AFFECT TAX RATES IN THE SHORT AND LONG TERM?
First Choice: Offering economic development incentives will help create new jobs, in short term this will help bring in more tax revenue.
Last Choice: Adequately staffing new and expanded libraries will cost tax payers more money.
In this time of high unemployment, what are the most important things that should be done to improve Thomas County’s economy?
Thomas County needs new industries that will provide new jobs.
If elected, how do you plan to use your position to improve the lives of citizens?
Working to keep tax rates down, and controlling spending will help to improve the lives of citizens.
SCOTT RICH ISSUED THIS STATEMENT TO WCTV WHEN ASKED IF HE COULD PROVIDE A CANDIDATE PROFILE:
“Thanks for contacting me with this opportunity. After thinking about it, I am going to decline participation. I have a small grass roots campaign and we are going to keep it that way. Thanks again for the opportunity.”