Back to School Lunches: Personal Pizza
From Kirsten Nyman, Nature's Own Chef
Four Nature’s Own Sandwich rounds, any variety
½ cup of pizza sauce
One cup of shredded Italian cheese blend
Two tablespoons of fresh basil leaves, if desired.
1. First, we’ll heat up our oven to 425 degrees. Place Nature’s Own Sandwich rounds on a cookie sheet, cut side down.
2. Bake five minutes or until lightly toasted.
3. This next part bring the kids into the kitchen and have them help you, it's a great opportunity to talk about the importance of nutrition.
4. Begin spreading each half with pizza sauce.
5. Then top each pizza with your favorite toppings. We have cheese and pepperoni, so top as you would like.
6. Pop the mini pizzas back in the oven an additional five to seven minutes, or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
7. Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
8. Let the pizza cool and then place in individual lunchbox container. If your kids did not help make their pizza, they will love to find a pizza in their sandwich box!