By Chef Pam Manley, Keiser University
½ lb Dark chocolate
½ cup Butter
3 eggs, separated
2 Tbs Sugar
2 Tbs Irish Cream
Note: Use pasteurized eggs for this recipe.
1. In a double boiler over low heat, melt the chocolate and the butter. Stir until completely combined.
2. Stir Irish Cream into the melted chocolate and butter.
3. Add the egg yolks one at a time. Ensure each yolk is well-incorporated before adding the next.
4. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Sprinkle in the sugar and beat until the egg whites form stiff but moist peaks. Do not overbeat.
5. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
6. Pour into serving dishes and refrigerate to set.