Chef Wagner’s Oatmeal Cookies
By Curt Wagner, C.E.P.C., Keiser University
(Yield: 36 cookies using a 1oz. scoop)
Margarine 8 oz.
Sugar 5.5 oz.
Brown Sugar 6 oz.
Eggs 1 each
Vanilla Extract ½ tsp.
Bread Flour 4 ¼ oz.
Pastry Flour 4 ¼ oz.
Oatmeal (ground) 7 oz.
Salt 1/4 tsp.
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp.
Baking Powder 1/2 tsp.
Chocolate Chips 4 oz.
Pretzel Pieces 3 oz.
Caramel Chunks 3 ½ oz.
1. Cream the (room temperature) margarine and both sugars for 3 minutes on medium speed.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Scrape the bowl down. Mix for 2 minutes on medium speed.
3. Add all the dry ingredients keeping the chocolate, caramel and pretzels set aside. Mix the dry ingredients until half way incorporated.
4. Add the remaining chocolate, pretzels and caramel pieces.
5. Scoop out 12, 1 oz. portions onto a ½ sheet pan.
6. Lightly flatten out.
7. Bake at 360°F for approximately 12 minutes or until you see a slight browning on the bottom edge of the cookies.
8. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and place onto a screen to cool completely.
Curt G. Wagner C.E.P.C.
The Center for Culinary Arts