1 medium cauliflower or 4 cups cauliflower florets
4 garlic cloves
1 1/2 ounces cream cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pinch ground or grated nutmeg
1 tablespoon sliced green onion (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut cauliflower into florets then add to boiling water with garlic cloves and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until a fork can easily be pierced through the cauliflower
2. Drain cauliflower then throw back into the hot pot (off the heat) and cover with lid. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Mash Cauliflower and garlic
4. Add the cream cheese, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to the cauliflower. Then, use a potato masher to smash the cauliflower. Finish with a pinch of nutmeg
5. Stir then serve with sliced green onions on top.
You Can also add bacon and cheddar or Caramelized onions