Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
Barbra Crumpacker, RD, LD
1 head medium cauliflower (about 2 lb), chopped or 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen cauliflower
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 tablespoons tub margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1. Fill a large large saucepan with water to depth of 1/4 inch. Arrange cauliflower in Dutch oven.
2. Cook, covered, over medium-high heat 7 to 10 minutes or until tender.
3. Drain well. Process cauliflower, sour cream, margarine, salt, and pepper in a food processor 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth.
4. Stir in Parmesan cheese and chives. Place in a bowl. If desired, reheat in microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
5. Garnish with additional chives if desired.
Yield: 6 servings 88 calories; 3.8 grams fat; 3 grams fiber