Parmesan and Prosciutto Pastry Crisps
Chef Mark Cross, CMB, MBA
Keiser University Center for Culinary Arts
Puff pastry sheet 2
Pizza sauce 6-8 oz
Prosciutto, very thinly sliced 6-8 oz
Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated 2 oz
Mozarella cheese, shredded 2 oz
1. Thaw the puff pastry sheets, and then refrigerate them. Working with one at a time, cover the sheet with a very thin layer of sauce.
2. Lay the strips of prosciutto over the sauce, covering it in a single thin layer.
3. Lightly sprinkle cheese over the prosciutto.
4. Carefully roll up the dough on the long edge, keeping the filling tightly enclosed.
5. Freeze the rolled up dough (roulade) until firm.
6. Remove from freezer, and using a serrated knife, slice the roulade into 3/8”/1 cm slices
7. Place the sliced pieces on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spaced approximately 1.5”/3 cm apart.
8. Bake in a 375°F oven and bake until golden, approximately 15-18 minutes.