- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 x 11- 15 oz. can of Mandarin Oranges (reserve liquid from one can)
- ½ cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple & juice
- 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup of cool whip
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour or line with parchment paper a 9 X 13 inch pan, set aside.
In a large bowl combine yellow cake mix, oil, eggs, and juice from one can of mandarin oranges. Mix on low until blended, then add the mandarin oranges and pecans or walnuts, mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Pour into pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Prepare frosting by adding crushed pineapples un-drained into a medium bowl with instant pudding, mix together and set aside for about 5 minutes. Fold cool whip and vanilla extract into the pineapple mixture, refrigerate until the cake is ready and cooled before frosting.
Once cake is cooled, cover with frosting. Remember this is a cool cake and kept cool until served. Enjoy!