1 lb. 21-25 ct. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1-2 Idaho potatoes
Spiral vegetable slicer
1. Peel the potatoes
2. Trim or blunt each end of the potato and insert into the slicer.
3. Use the 1/8th” blade, and while turning the handle, press the base of the slicer into the blades, turning the potato into long, thin ribbons. Place the ribbons into hot, salted water, to submerge, and let soak for several minutes.
4. Starting at the tail end of the shrimp, carefully wrap the strand of potato around the shrimp, looping it or tying it at the end.
5. After completing all shrimp, pat dry with paper towels.
6. Heat frying oil in pan and fry shrimp about 2 minutes per side, carefully turning with tongs.
7. Drain shrimp on paper towels. Serve with your favorite cocktail sauce, chili sauce or salsa.