10 appetizer servings
Roast Pork Ingredients
2 ½ lb Pork loin, boneless
1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1 tsp. Ginger, ground
1 tsp. Black Pepper, ground course
1 tsp. Coriander, dried, ground
1 bu. Basil, sweet, fresh
1 pt. Oil, vegetable
3 oz. Vinegar, white distilled
½ tsp. Salt, kosher
Pineapple Salsa Ingredients
1 ½ cups Pineapple, chopped
1 tbl. Cilantro, chopped
1 ea. Lime, juice from
1 tbl. Sugar, granulated
1 tsp. Ginger, pickled sushi variety
½ cup Jus, from deglazed roast pan
To taste Salt and black pepper
Roast Pork Directions
1. Trim the pork loin of excess fat, but do not remove too much of all of the fat.
2. Combine spices and herbs with the oil, vinegar and salt.
3. Place the pork into sealable plastic bags and add the oil vinegar mixture.
4. Place in refrigerator for 24 hours. Turning the pork to ensure the marinade is exposed to all the surfaces of the pork.
5. Remove the pork from the marinade and wipe dry.
6. Roast the pork in a 325F degree oven until the pork is cooked to medium, about 1 hour. The internal temperature should be 140-150 degrees. Allow pork to rest and cool, refrigerate
7. Deglaze the roast pan with water or chicken stock and reserve the liquid for the salsa.
Pineapple Salsa Directions
1. Combine all ingredients, and refrigerate up to 24-48 hours.
2. Slice chilled pork into very thin slices, no more than ¼ “ thick
3. Place chilled rice pilaf on top of Boston lettuce. Rice may be seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper and vinegar.
4. Place 3 slices of pork on top of the rice and lettuce
5. Add 1 oz. of pineapple salsa to each portion. Serve chilled as a first course.
6. Garnish with fresh basil leaves