Local School Headlines
Local Schools Visit WCTV [SLIDE SHOW]
- Bring your school group by for a tour of the studios!
Valdosta City Schools Now Has A CDL Third Party State Examiner
- Valdosta City Schools congratulates Mrs. Stephanie Joachim as our new commercial driver licensed (CDL) third party state examiner at the transportation department. It has been nine years since the Valdosta City Schools has had a CDL third party examiner.
Registration Begins For 2014-2015 Georgia’s Pre-K Program
- Georgia’s Pre-K Program has begun registration for the 2014-2015 school year. Each Georgia Pre-K provider is responsible for setting registration dates, so it is necessary to check directly with Pre-K providers to learn when and how to register. Children who will be four years old on or before September 1 are eligible to enroll.
Garnett Strikes Gold Provost Stokes Voted Interim FSU President
- The Florida State University Board of Trustees today voted to select Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs Garnett S. Stokes as the university’s interim president, effective at the close of business Wednesday, April 2.
Valdosta High School Named AP Access And Support And AP STEM School
- On February 24, 2014, State School Superintendent Dr. John Barge announced 462 schools, including Valdosta High School, as Advanced Placement Honor Schools.
Florida House Proposes Bill To Expand Educational Opportunities
- The Florida House of Representatives Finance and Tax Subcommittee today passed Proposed Committee Bill FTSC 14-02 to expand the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program to provide additional educational opportunities to Florida’s low-income families.
Dr. Tom Phillips Named Head Administrator Of North Florida Christian School
- Dr. Tom Phillips, a long time school administrator at NFC, has been named the new head administrator of North Florida Christian School in Tallahassee, Florida.
FSU License Plates Get a Make-Over
- Florida State released a survey on what people think about the new Seminole license plate design.
Suspicious Package Found At VSU
- A suspicious package has been found at Valdosta State University.
FAMU Trustees Meet [GALLERY]
- The FAMU Board of Trustees approved a 24-hour news channel slated to be headquartered at FAMU. Several other items were also approved.
FAMU Alumnus Amir Windom Makes The World "Happy"
- If you've found yourself nodding your head and tapping your feet to the music in movies like “Despicable Me 2”, then you may have been listening to some of the music supervision work of FAMU alumnus Amir Windom.
BCHS Announces Teacher Of The Year
- Elaine Southall has been selected as Brooks County High School’s Teacher of the Year.
Report: Civil Rights Movement Education Remains ‘Woefully Inadequate’ in a Majority of States
- A new report released today by the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Teaching Tolerance project shows that coverage of the movement in U.S. classrooms remains woefully inadequate.
FSU Study Finds Facebook Use May Be Linked To Eating Disorder Risk
- Frequent Facebook users might be sharing more than party pictures, vacation videos and shameless selfies — they also share a greater risk of eating disorders, according to a new study led by Florida State University researchers.
Legislation To Improve School Accountability Passes First Senate Committee
- The Florida Senate Committee on Education, chaired by Senator John Legg (R-Lutz), today introduced and passed Senate Proposed Bill 7060, Education Accountability.
More Local School Headlines