Local School Headlines
Local Schools Visit WCTV [SLIDE SHOW]
- Bring your school group by for a tour of the studios!
FSU Students Return to Class After Shooting
- FSU students gives their thoughts on returning back to school following Thursday's shooting in Strozier Library.
Students Share Experiences from Inside FSU Library Attack
- Students describe gunshots, panic inside library
Local and State Leaders React to FSU Shooting
- Local and state leaders have shown an outpouring of sympathy and support for the victims and witnesses of this morning's shooting, Florida State University, and the local community.
New LCS Board Chair Touts New South Side High School
- Maggie Lewis-Butler says plans for the new school are moving forward.
'Skyward' Gives Gadsden Co. Parents Access to Student Info
- A new online tool allows parents to be more informed and involved.
Lively Tech Principal Facing Criminal Investigation
- Woody Hildebrandt has been suspended from his job with pay.
FAMU Giving at Record Pace Under New President's Leadership
- Since her arrival in April 2014, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University’s President Elmira Mangum, Ph.D., has spent countless hours traveling the country to raise the University’s profile.
FAMU's Winslow Promises to be More Measured and Collaborative in Statement
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University Athletic Director Kellen Winslow issued a statement today promising to be more measured and collaborative when making decisions and communicating with students, the Board of Trustees, faculty, alumni, and supporters.
FSU's Stokes Interviewing Elsewhere
- FSU's Stokes staying as Provost.
Wakulla County Sheriff's Office Investigation After Child Left On School Bus Alone
- It's a phone call no parent wants to get, "your child did not make it to school this morning." That's exactly what Yolanda Timmons was told last Monday morning
John Thrasher Meets with FSU Students for the First Time as President
- Tempers flare at a meeting between FSU's new President and student protestors. Senator John Thrasher kicked off his presidency today with an attempt to win over his skeptics.
Case of Tuberculosis in Local School
- Health officials to provide free tests to all at risk.
Winston Hearing Delayed Again
- According to a report from USA Today, a Florida State investigative hearing to determine whether an alleged sexual assault involving quarterback Jameis Winston violated the school's student conduct code has been delayed to Dec. 1.
FAMU Trustees Give Winslow a Vote of No Confidence
- FAMU's Board of Trustees has approved a no confidence vote against Athletic Director Kellen Winslow.
More Local School Headlines