- More than 1,100 Florida parents of students with significant special needs including autism, Down syndrome and cerebral palsy have begun applications for a new type of K-12 scholarship that allows them to individualize their child’s education.
- Florida State University’s Transportation & Parking Services has teamed up with the City of Tallahassee and StarMetro to launch Seminole Express FAST — a revised slate of campus bus routes for “Frequent Accessible Simple Transit.”
- Mayors in Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando, Daytona Beach and Fort Myers have signed onto a new partnership with The US Conference of Mayors and The BULLY Project as part of a major national initiative to develop local solutions-based responses to combat the epidemic of bullying in local schools.
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University has been awarded a $100,000 grant by the National Science Foundation Division of Materials Research to fund a project entitled “EAGER: Magnetic Interrogation of Mesoscale Materials.”
- There's more trouble in the FSU presidential search and this time it trickles down to the student level. Impeachment charges were filed against FSU Student Body President Stefano Cavallaro.