· 1/4 cup sugar
· ½ cup water
· 1 (4-inch) piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
· 2 cups chilled unsweetened pomegranate-cranberry juice
· 1 bottle chilled sparkling cider
· Apple, sliced thinly for garnish
1. Combine 1/2 cup water, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Lower heat and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Strain out the ginger; you should have about 1/3 cup syrup. Have 6 cocktail glasses ready.
4. Pour about 2 teaspoons ginger syrup and 1/3 cup pomegranate juice into each glass and top with sparkling cider.
5. Garnish with apple slice. Reserve remaining syrup for another use (or more cocktails)