2/3 c butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 Tbsp. Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
2c all- purpose flour
Royal icing for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the mixing bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter and the sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Add baking powder and salt, beat until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
3. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until combined. Add the flour. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
4. On a lightly floured surface roll half the dough at a time until 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Using assorted cookie cutters, cut dough into desired shapes. Place Cutouts 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are light brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. If desired, decorate cookies with royal icing & sprinkle with colored sugar. Let stand until icing is set.