Tallahassee, FL - It’s a battle of two of the ACC’s best Friday night as the No. 15 Florida State women’s basketball team hosts No. 3 Duke at the Donald L. Tucker Center.
Tip-off is slated for 6:36 p.m. in a game that will air live on Fox Sports.
The Seminoles (14-3, 2-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) are coming off a gritty 61-51 win over Virginia in their last outing. The Blue Devils (15-0, 1-0) earned a 71-64 triumph over Maryland.
While Duke comes to Tallahassee with a top-five national ranking, FSU does have history on its side. The last time that the Blue Devils played at the Tucker Center they were ranked No. 3 and the ’Noles were tabbed in the top 20 just like Friday’s edition of the rivalry.
The result of that 2009 ballgame? An 82-75 Seminole victory.
• Florida State takes on its fourth ranked opponent of the season as No. 3/ Duke comes to the Donald L. Tucker Center for a 6:35 p.m. game on Friday. The Seminoles are 1-2 against ranked foes this year after a win over No. 20/23 Vanderbilt and losses to No. 25 Michigan State and No. 1/1 Connecticut.
• Sunday’s win over Virginia moved FSU to a staggering 26-4 conference record over the past two-plus seasons.
• The Seminoles are 8-30 all-time against the Blue Devils, including a 5-10 record in games played in Tallahassee. Duke has won the last two in a row and has won 30 of the last 34 in the series.
• In the lone meeting between FSU and Duke last season, the Blue Devils earned a 73-43 win at Cameron Indoor. Courtney Ward led her teammates with 11 points in that game.
• Florida State enters the Duke game in the midst of a nice win streak. FSU has rattled off five consecutive victories since playing well in the second half of the Dec. 21 loss to then-No.1 Connecticut.
• Friday night’s game will be the second consecutive contest at the Donald L. Tucker Center to be televised. Each of FSU’s remaining home games -- except for the season finale against Clemson -- will air on television.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.