Tallahassee, FL - It’s a battle of two of the ACC’s best Friday night as the No. 15 Florida State women’s basketball team hosts No. 3 Duke at the Donald L. Tucker Center.
Tip-off is slated for 6:36 p.m. in a game that will air live on Fox Sports.
The Seminoles (14-3, 2-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) are coming off a gritty 61-51 win over Virginia in their last outing. The Blue Devils (15-0, 1-0) earned a 71-64 triumph over Maryland.
While Duke comes to Tallahassee with a top-five national ranking, FSU does have history on its side. The last time that the Blue Devils played at the Tucker Center they were ranked No. 3 and the ’Noles were tabbed in the top 20 just like Friday’s edition of the rivalry.
The result of that 2009 ballgame? An 82-75 Seminole victory.
• Florida State takes on its fourth ranked opponent of the season as No. 3/ Duke comes to the Donald L. Tucker Center for a 6:35 p.m. game on Friday. The Seminoles are 1-2 against ranked foes this year after a win over No. 20/23 Vanderbilt and losses to No. 25 Michigan State and No. 1/1 Connecticut.
• Sunday’s win over Virginia moved FSU to a staggering 26-4 conference record over the past two-plus seasons.
• The Seminoles are 8-30 all-time against the Blue Devils, including a 5-10 record in games played in Tallahassee. Duke has won the last two in a row and has won 30 of the last 34 in the series.
• In the lone meeting between FSU and Duke last season, the Blue Devils earned a 73-43 win at Cameron Indoor. Courtney Ward led her teammates with 11 points in that game.
• Florida State enters the Duke game in the midst of a nice win streak. FSU has rattled off five consecutive victories since playing well in the second half of the Dec. 21 loss to then-No.1 Connecticut.
• Friday night’s game will be the second consecutive contest at the Donald L. Tucker Center to be televised. Each of FSU’s remaining home games -- except for the season finale against Clemson -- will air on television.