Source | http://www.seminoles.com
News Release: Allstate
Florida State forwards Natasha Howard and Okaro White were just announced as nominees for the 2014 Allstate WBCA/NABC Good Works Team®.
For the second year, Allstate, the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) and the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) are recognizing a select group of college basketball student-athletes who stand out for their charitable achievements and community involvement. The players nominated for this prestigious honor are committed to enriching the lives of others while contributing to the greater good of their communities.
Howard boasts an impressive resume of community service accomplishments, which include:
White has an equally impressive service background, including:
- Participating in the Big Bend Heart Walk, where she assisted at a basketball-themed booth to help raise awareness for heart disease in conjunction with the American Heart Association
- Fundraising at a United Way event for City of Tallahassee employees and gave a basketball clinic to underprivileged youth in Dakar, Senegal during a Foreign Tour trip this summer
- Volunteering in Dakar at an orphanage where she interacted with workers and helped take care of children
- Spearheads the team’s participation in North Florida/Big Ben area volunteer programs including the FSU Relay for Life, the Wounded Warrior Project and the Tallahassee Best Buddies and Big Brother programs.
- Organizes a reading program at Kate Sullivan Elementary School where he visits a fourth grade class weekly.
If you have any questions regarding the official announcement (http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20131203-906977.html?dsk=y), or would like more information on Howard or White and their good works in the community, I’d be happy to assist.