Tallahassee, FL - For the second home game in a row, the No. 14 Florida State women’s basketball program will host a top-25 team.
Fresh off a Junkanoo Jam tournament title in the Bahamas the Seminoles (6-0) will take on No. 25 Michigan State at the Donald L. Tucker Center on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Before the ’Noles ventured to the Caribbean, they hosted and defeated then-No. 20 Vanderbilt.
Wednesday’s matchup between FSU and MSU (5-1) will be part of the annual ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Florida State is undefeated in these inter-league games with a mark of 3-0.
Junior forward Cierra Bravard leads the charge for a Seminoles squad that defeated Alabama and Arizona State while in the Bahamas. The All-America candidate enters the seventh game of the year averaging career-bests in both points (16.2) and rebounds (9.2).
• At 3-0 in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, FSU boasts wins over Indiana in 2007, Penn State in 2008 and then again over Indiana last year.
• The Seminoles are 0-1 all-time against Michigan State. The only time that the two programs have met was during the 1994-95 season when the Spartans earned an 82-69 victory at the San Juan Shootout in Puerto Rico.
• Bravard was named MVP of the Junkanoo Jam’s Freeport Division.
• At 6-0, Florida State is maintaining the same pace that it did to start last year’s memorable season. Before advancing to the Elite Eight for the first time ever, FSU began the 2009-10 season by reeling off 10 consecutive wins.
• Michigan State travels to Tallahassee as a team that was just in the state of Florida a few days ago. The Spartans participated in the UCF Classic over the Thanksgiving holiday and earned wins over Western Kentucky and Richmond to move to 5-1 on the season. MSU’s lone loss of the year was a 78-52 defeat at the hands of then-No. 2 Baylor on Nov. 19.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.