Tampa, FL - After winning a first-round NCAA Tournament game for the seventh year in a row, the No. 15 Florida State women’s basketball team faces Georgia Tuesday night with a trip to Dallas, Texas and the Sweet 16 on the line.
The Seminoles (24-7) and Bulldogs (22-10) will do battle inside Auburn Arena at 9:30 p.m. ET.
FSU finds itself in position to advance to the round of 16 for the second consecutive season after a Sunday night victory over Samford.
The Seminoles overpowered the smaller Samford squad in a 76-46 win but will face a much bigger and more physical Georgia team live on ESPN2.
The game will also air live online at ESPN3.com
• Florida State is in the NCAA Tournament for a school-record seventh consecutive season.
• By earning a No. 3 seed in the Big Dance, FSU tied the school record it set last season for highest seed in program history.
• The Seminoles are 12-10 in NCAA Tournament games all-time after Sunday’s 76-46 win over Samford in the opening round. FSU earned its No. 3 seed after a regular season that saw the program finish with at least 20 wins for the third year in a row and for the sixth time in seven seasons.
• FSU ended the regular season with 11 wins in the very tough Atlantic Coast Conference. The ’Noles have now gone over 10 league victories in three consecutive seasons, which is the first such streak in program history.
• Florida State broke two postseason records in the Samford win. Cierra Bravard’s 13 rebounds are a postseason best for an FSU player and the 52 total rebounds by the team are the most ever.
• FSU is winless against Georgia. The Bulldogs boast a 7-0 all-time record in a series that dates back to the 1987-88 season. The two have never played each other in the postseason.