FSU Homecoming Fan Frenzy

By: Jill Chandler Email
By: Jill Chandler Email

Florida State's Homecoming game day kicked off Saturday morning with a breakfast, and the fight song from the man who wrote it, Tommy Wright.

For some alumni, this is a long standing tradition they've been participating in for years.

Betty Lou Joanos said she has been coming to homecoming events, "Since I was a freshman 1953, and Homecoming was very special."

There's one thing all Seminole Alumni have in common.

"We all love this university and so it's great to have something to come back for and something to be proud of," said 2009 Homecoming Princess Shannon Brockman.

This years Homecoming is a bit different, there's a new University President, Dr. Eric Barron, and a new head football coach, Jimbo Fisher.

2010 Homecoming Chief Bobby Seifter said, "There's a real excitement about a new beginning at Florida State. I know the students are very excited about it and I think it has gotten around to the rest of the Florida State community this is the place to be right now at Florida State."

Although there are many new additions to the University, some traditions like 'Nole fans showing their spirit tailgating before the game, and wearing their garnet and gold with pride, remain the same.

• by Bobby on Nov 8, 2010 at 07:36 AM
    When FAMU brings in 80,000 fans that stay in hotels and eat at our restaurants and not shoot up the malls. Maybe the town will embrace them also. Maybe
  • by Surprise Location: leon county on Nov 8, 2010 at 03:49 AM
    Been it Tallahassee for all of my 70 years and when they get beat at home coming no less (HA) its just to prepair them for whats to come as in? Chomp, chomp. (SMILE) How bout them Gators. (YEA!)
  • by Gilbert on Nov 7, 2010 at 03:43 PM
    I don't understand the mindset which relishes a loss for the football team. Like it or not, the Football team is an ambassador of sorts for FSU. This program generates significant revenue for Tallahassee businesses. How can that be too crazy? Furthermore, win or lose these young men play their hearts out and make tremendous sacrifices to be able to compete. Nobody in the stands has a risk of career-ending or life threatening injury but they assume that chance on every play! Go Noles
  • by Anonymous on Nov 7, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    I feel the same way about FAMU.
  • by TIR on Nov 7, 2010 at 09:37 AM
    King, like you I am also an Alum of FSU. This town is too FSU crazy and it is always a pleasure to see them lose...again I say...Yeah.
  • by King Location: Bobby on Nov 7, 2010 at 06:40 AM
    I am right there with "TIR", and I am a FSU alum. I was glad to see my smug school get kicked in the teeth by the underdog. This time and every time it happens, I will smile a little bit more.
  • by TIR on Nov 6, 2010 at 04:47 PM
    Yeah, they lost, I don't know why that makes me smile, but it does...yeah again.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 106827248 - wctv.tv/a?a=106827248