Tallahassee, FL - Something’s got to give Thursday night in Coral Gables.
The No. 12 Florida State women’s basketball team will play at No. 14 Miami’s BankUnited Center in a game that will air live on Comcast Sports South.
Not short on storylines, the 7 p.m. showdown between in-state rivals features two squads that are tied for first in the Atlantic Coast Conference with just two games to go.
And if that wasn’t enough, the Seminoles (22-5, 10-2 ACC) boast an undefeated conference road-record at 6-0 while the Hurricanes (24-3, 10-2) are 19-0 at home this season.
Thursday’s game could wind up deciding the 2011 regular-season ACC champion. With 10 wins apiece, both FSU and Miami could do no worse than share the crown if one or the other wins its final two contests. Duke also has 10 wins and closes out its schedule at home against nationally-ranked North Carolina on Sunday.
• Should FSU beat the Hurricanes, the team would finish with a perfect conference road-record for the second time in program history. FSU went 7-0 on the road in the ACC during the 2008-09 season and is 18-2 in league road games since that year.
• The Seminoles have shared the regular-season title the last two years.
• Florida State currently has 34 wins in the ACC since the 2008-09 season, which is the most of any team in the conference. Duke is second with 33 while North Carolina is third with 25 wins.
• FSU and Miami squared off earlier this year with the Seminoles earning a 66-59 win.
• FSU’s final home game on Feb. 27 will celebrate the two seniors and head coach Sue Semrau has been out in the community this week distributing free tickets as a thank you to the fans.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.