Tallahassee, FL - Following a six-day trip to the Northeast and a few days off for the holidays, the Florida State women’s basketball team returns home and will host rival Florida on Tuesday at the Donald L. Tucker Center.
Tip-off between the Seminoles (9-3) and Gators (10-3) is slated for 7:06 p.m.
Tuesday’s game features tickets for just $3 as FSU head coach Sue Semrau and the program are looking to fill the stands with at least 6,000 ’Noles fans.
Following the game, star forward Cierra Bravard will also sign posters for those in attendance.
• Florida State is finally home after a whirlwind trip to New York City and Connecticut that saw the Seminoles lose to both Yale and No. 1 UConn.
• FSU is currently experiencing its first regular-season two-game losing streak since December of the 2008-09 season.
• The ’Noles will be looking to get back on track against a Florida program that it is 9-41 all-time against.
• In the lone meeting between the two rivals last season in Gainesville, FSU scored the last six points of the ballgame and came away with a 66-62 victory. Chasity Clayton led all Seminoles in that contest with 13 points while Christian Hunnicutt contributed 10 points.
• FSU has had success against the Southeastern Conference this year and will be looking to continue that trend against the Gators. So far this year, FSU has defeated Vanderbilt, Alabama and Auburn.
• The loss to UConn, which marked the Huskies’ historic 89th consecutive win, marked the first time all season that FSU did not outrebound its opponent. Florida State still enters the UF game with a hefty rebound advantage on the season of plus-145.
• Florida State plays at home again on Thursday against Stetson.